In a big mess, dont know what to do please help! :(

Go to Google and type in Hermann and boiler and lots comes up. The manuals are on-line as well. They are Italian and appear to have made the Icon combi which was sold by Travis Perkins. It has standard parts inside.

I did a search on this forum...
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=408947

Sponsored Links
Hermann is history.

I made up my mind to change it rather than fixing it after reading reviews of a lot of people saying they spent more money fixing it and still keeps breaking down.

I know its too early to speak as i still have problems but fingers crossed after this is fixed wont have no more problems :unsure:

Hermann is history.

I made up my mind to change it rather than fixing it after reading reviews of a lot of people saying they spent more money fixing it and still keeps breaking down.

:unsure:
It was a bit of a Munster, then ;)

Sponsored Links
edit: sorry just posted this after reading page 1, didnt realise there was 5 more pages so if this has already been discussed im sorry

after filling the system you should bleed the rads to let excess air out - usually happens in upstairs rads - air gets in when you empty it and you need to let it out so it can work properly - also rads may partially heat up or just on bottom if they have air in them - letting air out releases pressure so let some out then top up pressure with water and keep going to next rad...

to bleed radiators look on top at ends - one end will have a small square block u can use a radiator key on or flat head screwdriver - turn this anti-clockwise with a cloth under it (you will probs see a hole/nozzle for the air.water) let all the air out until water starts coming out then close it tight.

what pressure you putting the system at after filling it up again? (just out of interest)

I have to say that I agree with the others about this company not being at fault here - they told you when they were in the property that there was a current underlying problem with the pipework (probably under floor at living room radiator) but you refused to get it fixed due to cost - its pretty obvious that this is where the problem lies (you have a major leak and living room rad doesnt heat up) - the hot water is not getting into it fully and is leaking out under the floor and its the new boiler system thats revealed it - it may have just been a small leak before but the extra pressure from new system has opened it further and is now a 'real' problem... believe it or not but i have exactly same problem as you with living room rad but mine loses pressure over 2 weeks,,,luckily i dont have lam to rip up... also its standard practice to have boilers serviced to keep up warrantys - i can understand your pee'd off because you didnt know this before but the company hasnt ripped you off in ANY way, shape or form - im not sure of prices but it seems you got a decent price too... my grandparents paid £2700 for new boiler etc...

hope you get sorted...

Mate, beg borrow steal a yellow pages from someone, You cant complain at those call out prices based on the price of your home, a call out here would be between £30 and £50, bear in mind my house cost £72k :eek:
Yeah but that was in 1980 ;)

Actually was last October, i have had to gut it though :eek: :(

Ive added the picture of the valve that is leaking..you think that could be the problem ..sorry need to bring this post to life again..even the plumber is struggling to get a replacement valve for this. If you guys have seen some thing like this before..Ive edited the main post in page 1.

thanks

Hermann is history.

Can I remind you about your first postings where you said that you were unable to find anyone to repair your Hermann boiler?

My immediate reaction to that is that I dont remember you ever telephoning or emailing me!

Regarding the annual servicing, most people know that cars and boilers do need regular servicing. Its odd that some customers are very selective in what they choose to remember!

Tony Glazier

Hermann is history.

Can I remind you about your first postings where you said that you were unable to find anyone to repair your Hermann boiler?

My immediate reaction to that is that I dont remember you ever telephoning or emailing me!

Regarding the annual servicing, most people know that cars and boilers do need regular servicing. Its odd that some customers are very selective in what they choose to remember!

Tony Glazier
About hermann, i lost all my hopes when i got a british gas engineer and even they couldnt find the parts for it nor they could determine what was the problem for sure and as for the boiler servicing, I have no reason to lie.

Anyways i dont want to argue with you about that either..I am actually thinking of giving you a call if my current plumber cant sort the problem out. Do you mind checking out the picture of the valve on my first post and tell me if i can get that sort of valve from somewhere as without replacing this one ( as its leaking) it would be stupid to lift off the floor boards.

Can someone help me with the valve please???????

The picture is on the first page on the top.

Thanks.

Is this the bit where Jeremy Beadle exposes himself............
I KNEW he had a (small) hand in this :mrgreen:

Don't speak ill of the dead :) He died in Jan 08, but for many years people will still say 'where is jeremy beadle' if they think they are being wound up!

As to the OP, the gland is leaking and you have single entry rads. Nasty indeed. You may be able to bodge it, but didn't anyone say you'll need that lot re-piping at some point in the not too distant future?

Is this the bit where Jeremy Beadle exposes himself............
I KNEW he had a (small) hand in this :mrgreen:

Don't speak ill of the dead :) He died in Jan 08, but for many years people will still say 'where is jeremy beadle' if they think they are being wound up!

As to the OP, the gland is leaking and you have single entry rads. Nasty indeed. You may be able to bodge it, but didn't anyone say you'll need that lot re-piping at some point in the not too distant future?

Yeah i do know i need a lot of re-piping..i am planning to change the whole thing around summer as its a big job and now is not the best time to do it. thats why im looking for a temporary solution to the leak problem at the moment,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back