In a big mess, dont know what to do please help! :(

You are in london, I have no idea what is expensive there i'm affraid. Ring a few mobile phones of some small one man bands, big companies will have more overheads and you are not likely to get a persnal approach.

Sponsored Links
Ring Agile - he`s in London ;) . It`s all relative anyway . what % of a house in London @ say £400k is £75. Long live the Free Market Economy and the Unregulated Plumbing industry:cool:

You are in london, I have no idea what is expensive there i'm affraid. Ring a few mobile phones of some small one man bands, big companies will have more overheads and you are not likely to get a persnal approach.

Yeah thats what i am trying but its hard trying to finda one man business online. Is there any websites you know that has individual contacts rather than companies ?

Ring Agile - he`s in London ;) . It`s all relative anyway . what % of a house in London @ say £400k is £75. Long live the Free Market Economy and the Unregulated Plumbing industry:cool:

Whos agile :S ? and no..i wish..my house is probably £250K so no i am not a rich guy ..or else i wouldnt be wasting my trying to find a solution.

Sponsored Links
Now i just wrapped a tissue on top of the valve and only the quarter of the tissue is wet and then the valve was dry so im guessing very minor leak from the valve, but it couldnt be the problem for pressure dropping to zero from the recommended level in a day ?

There is your first one. If it is on a new valve the installers will fix it foc.
As said check all the others by wrapping a bit kitchen roll around the pipe.

Apart from that; rip your laminate out anyway. It is shyte :LOL:

Now i just wrapped a tissue on top of the valve and only the quarter of the tissue is wet and then the valve was dry so im guessing very minor leak from the valve, but it couldnt be the problem for pressure dropping to zero from the recommended level in a day ?

There is your first one. If it is on a new valve the installers will fix it foc.
As said check all the others by wrapping a bit kitchen roll around the pipe.

Apart from that; rip your laminate out anyway. It is shyte :LOL:

yeah checked the rest and none are exept that one and dont think a minor leak like that could drop the pressure of the whole system to 0 ?

and looks like might have to rip out the laminate :(

why havent they made an infrared gun so you can just turn the heating on and obv the pipes will grow red and just follow it and see where its leaking :/ ..ahhhh focus! :oops:

I think 11 on the dial is a bit much. Fill to 1 bar.

The instructions will tell you what the other buttons are for.

You should know what they do because when you fill this boiler there is a procedure to follow which will need you to use the menus.

If you don't your boiler will be full of air which is a no no.

Andy.

I think 11 on the dial is a bit much. Fill to 1 bar.

The instructions will tell you what the other buttons are for.

You should know what they do because when you fill this boiler there is a procedure to follow which will need you to use the menus.

If you don't your boiler will be full of air which is a no no.

Andy.

I tried finding something in the instructions manual on how to repressurise the system but nothings on it :S i just found out i had to bleed the radiators out every time i top up but other than that i havent got a clue what i need to do.

what you need to do is bite the bullet and get a professional in (yell.com ect) and get the problem fixed. then look at who is at fault. as at the moment you aint doing your new boiler any favours with keeping to have to refill.

dont think a minor leak like that could drop the pressure of the whole system to 0 ?

ANY leak will drop the pressure to zero some quicker than you think.

Just top the pressure up as needed and get the installers back after the holidays. If it is their problem it will be fixed. A few days won't make any difference to your system. (make sure they put more X100 or whatever in when they are done)
If there is another problem you will have to pay (sore one) be it the installers or whoever you choose.

Have you got the instruction book for 'installation and servicing' :?:

Andy.

yes, is it that one im meant to look in ?

edit: yes i am doing everything fine except for one bit..it says to loosen the A.A.V valve ? what is that ? and i havent touched it so i hope its stil loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back