In a big mess, dont know what to do please help! :(

Sponsored Links
2 things - 1 as suggested follow the instructions and also vent the air out rads . 2 worst case scenario with a leak under the laminate floor -remove the rads and seal up the pipework - cut into the flow+ return that goes to underfloor area - plug one and pump up the pipework with a heating pressure test pump :idea: Then you will know 100% that the hidden pipework is good/ or leaking. That should take a day with the fiddling about draining etc. including re connecting if it`s ok. So you keep the floor or re pipe above it if that can be done :idea: and still keep the floor. ;)

edit: yes i am doing everything fine except for one bit..it says to loosen the A.A.V valve ? what is that ? and i havent touched it so i hope its stil loose.

You don't need to know.

Leave it alone. Get yourself a bottle of your favourite swally, chill, and ring the installer on Tuesday.

Sponsored Links
2 things - 1 as suggested follow the instructions and also vent the air out rads . 2 worst case scenario with a leak under the laminate floor -remove the rads and seal up the pipework - cut into the flow+ return that goes to underfloor area - plug one and pump up the pipework with a heating pressure test pump :idea: Then you will know 100% that the hidden pipework is good/ or leaking. That should take a day with the fiddling about draining etc. including re connecting if it`s ok. So you keep the floor or re pipe above it if that can be done :idea: and still keep the floor. ;)

Shall i ask the plumber to try this or are they just gona dig in to make more money ¬¬ ?

edit: yes i am doing everything fine except for one bit..it says to loosen the A.A.V valve ? what is that ? and i havent touched it so i hope its stil loose.

You don't need to know.

Leave it alone. Get yourself a bottle of your favourite swally, chill, and ring the installer on Tuesday.

yes i want to chill! but only thing bothering me is that people tell me topping up the system that often is gonna mess the boiler up ? Upto what extent is this true ?

As long as someone comes out to it next week or the week after, then you'll be fine.... As Tamz said chill.

Mate, beg borrow steal a yellow pages from someone, go to plumbers, and start calling people up. Ask friends and family if they know of anyone tidy. You cant complain at those call out prices based on the price of your home, a call out here would be between £30 and £50, bear in mind my house cost £72k :eek:

THanks for all the replies people. Finally got hold of 2 good plumbers and both are coming to have a look tomorrow. Will get hold of one of them and get the job done. will keep you posted on which route i took and how much it cost and etc.

thanks again!

Sunday, holiday period, yum yum :arrow: You better put in for some overtime when you start back to pay the bill.
Calm down and go watch a bit telly :rolleyes:

Has anyone checked the precharge pressure in the expansion vessel in the new boiler? Too high or too low will cause this problem.

With a tyre pressure gauge - there is a schrader valve on the pressure vessel - exactly the same as on a car tyre :idea:

Mate, beg borrow steal a yellow pages from someone, You cant complain at those call out prices based on the price of your home, a call out here would be between £30 and £50, bear in mind my house cost £72k :eek:
Yeah but that was in 1980 ;)

Ha s noboy suggested or worked out the bleedin' obvious. This is the longest wind up ever!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back