In a big mess, dont know what to do please help! :(

sealed system the pressure will increase when the system is heated up !

hot water is not on that long with a combi ??? maybe the ans or not ??

was the system already sealed up on the herman ? ( must have been ?)

Sponsored Links
sealed system the pressure will increase when the system is heated up !

hot water is not on that long with a combi ??? maybe the ans or not ??

was the system already sealed up on the herman ? ( must have been ?)

what do you mean it was already sealed up ?

Well with the herman you are right when the heating was on the pressure would go up a little and come back down after the central heating is turned off.

how long between the company fitting the new boiler and the pressure dropping started?

if a company are fitting a new boiler to old pipe work, they should make you aware of the implications of this.

ie its possible that the extra pressure of a sealed system on a vented system can spring a leak.

esp if you requested a boiler change only and not wanted the old pipes replaced.

how long between the company fitting the new boiler and the pressure dropping started?

if a company are fitting a new boiler to old pipe work, they should make you aware of the implications of this.

ie its possible that the extra pressure of a sealed system on a vented system can spring a leak.

esp if you requested a boiler change only and not wanted the old pipes replaced.

FInally someone, thank you!!! thats what ive been trying to say...IF there was a risk why wasnt i told ? and they fit the boiler and went and i had to top up the boiler since next morning.

i just got the boiler replaced and now im in a bigger mess :mad: very bad times :(

Sponsored Links
If there is a leak at a rad valve they fitted they should fix it.get them to check other valves and any pipework they altered at the boiler.what does the pressure rise to when the heating is on?what are you filling it to?nobody on here can fix it for you,deal with the installers

If there is a leak at a rad valve they fitted they should fix it.get them to check other valves and any pipework they altered at the boiler.what does the pressure rise to when the heating is on?what are you filling it to?nobody on here can fix it for you,deal with the installers

No theres no leak at the rad valve that they replaced. and i have checkd the pipe work also and it seems fine. The vaillant ecotec boilers dont have the numbers but im filling it to about 11 o clock. also on this vaillant boiler the pressure doesnt rise when the central heatings on and ive given up on the installers because ive been arguing with them about this and they dont seem to give a crap.

FInally someone, thank you!!! thats what ive been trying to say...IF there was a risk why wasnt i told ? and they fit the boiler and went and i had to top up the boiler since next morning.

Finally someone agrees with you.

Shame he's not a heating engineer though.

http://hermann.boilers-repaired.co.uk/ should've phoned these guys, If your new boiler is not leaking then the problem is with your pipework which is nothing to do with the installers seems like you want to blame somebody else for your problems I don't think they deserve to be slagged off and named on the internet when they clearly have done nothing wrong. Customers like you are a pain in the a**e .

http://hermann.boilers-repaired.co.uk/ should've phoned these guys, If your new boiler is not leaking then the problem is with your pipework which is nothing to do with the installers seems like you want to blame somebody else for your problems I don't think they deserve to be slagged off and named on the internet when they clearly have done nothing wrong. Customers like you are a pain in the a**e .

well thanks for your view. youre user name says it all. i am only complaining because theyre charging their customers **** loads of money and then not doing a good job. i wouldnt have been complaining if they had just told me that flushing could start a leak in the central heating. so i dont know on what basis youre calling me pain in the arse,

i wouldnt have been complaining if they had just told me that flushing could start a leak in the central heating

Its not up to the installers of your boiler to replace any dodgy pipework in your home unless of course you are going to pay them so I don't know why you are complaining.

In any case its not conclusive yet that you have a leak!

No theres no leak at the rad valve that they replaced. and i have checkd the pipe work also and it seems fine. The vaillant ecotec boilers dont have the numbers but im filling it to about 11 o clock. also on this vaillant boiler the pressure doesnt rise when the central heatings on and ive given up on the installers because ive been arguing with them about this and they dont seem to give a crap.

Like many (not all) installers will happily promise you the world, take your money, never to want to be bothered again, see it all the time.

[i am only complaining because theyre charging their customers s**t loads of money and then not doing a good job. i wouldnt have been complaining if they had just told me that flushing could start a leak in the central heating. so i dont know on what basis youre calling me pain in the a**e,

1 - you can't complain about how much they charged you, and by your own definition it cannot be s**t loads of money, otherwise you wouldn'y have accepted the quote, would you??

2 - After they power flushed your system I suppose it was clean (thats a good job)

3 - after they changed your valve to a TRV you had a TRV there (thats a good job)

4 - After they replaced your faulty boiler with a new one you had a new boiler (thats a good job)

5 - Arguing with people is not going to want to make they feel like you are worth helping, you will end up at the bottom of a list and keep getting pushed to the bottom.

6 - Publishing the companies details on the internet as revenge and also slandering them will not get you looked upon favourabally, infact the company have a case against you for slander. Who is going to want to help you if this is the way you behave towards them when something unrelated happens?

7 - If you found these people on the internet perhaps you could have done a little research inline as to what you were recieving from them, and what a power flush was. You can see www.power-flusher.co.uk for a description, perhaps they didnt power flush, they just added chemicals prior to doing the boiler swap?

8 - If you have had to fill your system up several times over the last few days then you will have no inhibitor in there as it would have dissapeared with the original water. When you re-fill the system you should be bleeding rads and then filling up and bleeding rads and filling up so as you get all of the air out of the system.

9 - Removing and replacing laminate is a darn sight cheaper than replacing a rotten sub floor.

[i am only complaining because theyre charging their customers s**t loads of money and then not doing a good job. i wouldnt have been complaining if they had just told me that flushing could start a leak in the central heating. so i dont know on what basis youre calling me pain in the a**e,

1 - you can't complain about how much they charged you, and by your own definition it cannot be s**t loads of money, otherwise you wouldn'y have accepted the quote, would you??

2 - After they power flushed your system I suppose it was clean (thats a good job)

3 - after they changed your valve to a TRV you had a TRV there (thats a good job)

4 - After they replaced your faulty boiler with a new one you had a new boiler (thats a good job)

5 - Arguing with people is not going to want to make they feel like you are worth helping, you will end up at the bottom of a list and keep getting pushed to the bottom.

6 - Publishing the companies details on the internet as revenge and also slandering them will not get you looked upon favourabally, infact the company have a case against you for slander. Who is going to want to help you if this is the way you behave towards them when something unrelated happens?

7 - If you found these people on the internet perhaps you could have done a little research inline as to what you were recieving from them, and what a power flush was. You can see www.power-flusher.co.uk for a description, perhaps they didnt power flush, they just added chemicals prior to doing the boiler swap?

8 - If you have had to fill your system up several times over the last few days then you will have no inhibitor in there as it would have dissapeared with the original water. When you re-fill the system you should be bleeding rads and then filling up and bleeding rads and filling up so as you get all of the air out of the system.

9 - Removing and replacing laminate is a darn sight cheaper than replacing a rotten sub floor.

THanks for talking some sense into me :). okay ive deleted the companys website. and i dont want to argue or complain about the company. i just came to this forum to get help. and about the inhibitor yes youre right. i was thinking the same..so if i get someone to come and fix the leak then i might aswell ask them to fill in inhibitor ?

and i didint know you had to bleed the radiators and i just done that about 20 mins ago and only 2 of the rad out of 7 had air in them.

anyways ive had enough of arguing and i dont want to talk about that company anymore so can people just help me sort this problem out please!

p.s. thanks for your advice,

Make sure you get sentinel inhibitor, not cheap rubbish, altough whoever fixes the leak is going to want to do that anyway, if not then you dont ant them working in your home.

Make sure you get sentinel inhibitor, not cheap rubbish, altough whoever fixes the leak is going to want to do that anyway, if not then you dont ant them working in your home.

yes i am thinking of asking the plumber to do that myself.

Been calling up people since morning and the price is ranging from £75+VAT - £95+VAT for half an hour!! ??

is it always this expensive ? also clock is ticking so gotta fix this asap!

VERY BAD TIMES :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back