In or out

In or out of the European union

• Remain in the EU

• Get out

Results are only viewable after voting.
certainly a few years ago the EU bureaucrats were talking about establishing rules for if a member country did ever want to leave.

Have you checked if the ideas you mention are vague gossip, or if they were accepted by the elected members and the representatives of the countries' governments?
It's great to hear that these vague stories were just gossip.

Not so great to hear that anti-Europeans throw them around as if they were true.

Sponsored Links
What makes you think it is my job to answer?.
If somebody is saying that it's good for the U.K. to be in the EU, it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask that person what benefits he thinks that membership brings. If he doesn't want to answer that very simple question, why take part in the debate?

like the Ukrainians did under Soviet domination, you are demented."

You have missed out the forced removal of the Tatar people from Crimea..... Hmm, didn't the French forcibly remove Romanian Roma Gypsies from France and take them back to Romania? Not a squeak from the Supreme EU Soviet

Not so great to hear that anti-Europeans throw them around as if they were true.
Just because something did not get passed into EU regulations does not alter the fact that the way the EU bureaucrats were talking about it shows their mentality.

Which EU commissioner was it a while ago who said something along the lines that he believed criticism of the EU to be akin to blasphemy and that it could be forbidden without violating the right to freedom of speech? Has that been passed into an EU Directive? I sincerely hope not, but the fact that one of these bureaucrats can even think that way shows the contempt they hold for anyone who does not agree with their view of an all-encompassing EU which dictates every minute detail of people's lives.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I can't help you with unsubstantiated allegations.

It would be like trying to convince someone that the old lies like the one about "straight bananas" is a complete fabrication made up, and circulated, by anti-Europeans who find their supporters will believe any nonsense, or someone like Farrage or Fire, who make up their own statistics.

OK John, you like to tell us all what in your opinion is a fabrication, please tell us how the UK would suffer by leaving the EU

By the way If you think that you would enjoy a little light entertainment, The Gravy train and the Gravy train goes East are good fun but for the Gravy train you will have to sign into the Channel 4 player..

Now he posts the fantasy of Soviet values. Show me the collectivisation of farms, or the archipelago of gulags. Show me the decimation of a nation by deliberate starvation. Show me the transportation of races from their ancestral homelands. Show me the mass graves where a generation of educated men was murdered.

You have missed out the forced removal of the Tatar people from Crimea..... Hmm, didn't the French forcibly remove Romanian Roma Gypsies from France and take them back to Romania? Not a squeak from the Supreme EU Soviet

You are saying that you think the ancestral home of the Romanian Roma is France?

Can you substantiate this belief of yours?

Greece is being deliberately being starved, payments to the troika are paramount. The gulags are being produced by surrounding folk with foreigners with an alien culture, no fences needed and as for the farms, have you never heard of the Common Agricultural Policy?

You mean you honestly think that Greeks are dying of hunger in the streets, by the thousand, in the same way that Ukrainians did in the deliberate Soviet-imposed famine?

Can you produce evidence to support your claim?

And you claim that the CAP, like Soviet policy, systematically seizes farms from their owners without compensation?

And that Europe is littered with concentration camps, where enemies of the state, political dissenters, authors, poets and submarine captains are imprisoned behind barbed wire and made at gunpoint to perform forced labour?

Where do you get these ideas?

Can you provide evidence of other Soviet style crimes as described above? Or this this Soviet equivalence just a silly made-up story?

Oh dear John. You are being rather over dramatic... Of course the Roma don't come from France but the Schengen agreement guarantees free movement inside the schengen zone..

Where have I said that thousands of Greeks are starving in the streets? EU policy is indeed starving ordinary Greeks, do we need to wait till they are starving in their thousand?

John, we are still waiting for you to answer some questions that I have put to you, if you don't want to answer, then that is OK but it does highlight the fact that you don't really have a positive "Remain" argument..

Another made-up slur by Fire.

His pattern is to throw in untrue allegations, then when challenged, cannot substantiate them so he attempts to weasel away.

Soviet style? Nope. Starving? Nope. Army of occupation? Nope. Collectivisation of farms? Nope. Concentration camps? Nope.

certainly a few years ago the EU bureaucrats were talking about establishing rules for if a member country did ever want to leave.

Have you checked if the ideas you mention are vague gossip, or if they were accepted by the elected members and the representatives of the countries' governments?

Withdrawal from the European Union
Withdrawal from the European Union is a right of European Union (EU) member states under the Treaty on European Union (Article 50): "Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements."

Article 50
1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.

A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

Another made-up slur by Fire.

His pattern is to throw in untrue allegations, then when challenged, cannot substantiate them so he attempts to weasel away.

Soviet style? Nope. Starving? Nope. Army of occupation? Nope. Collectivisation of farms? Nope. Concentration camps? Nope.
When you start answering questions, then perhaps I shall make an effort to demonstrate what I say is factual but you can't even show any positives for remaining in the EU, so it seems that you are just a bit of a sideshow... Come on John, even you know that EU membership is bad for the UK..

Sponsored Links
Back