Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Firstly i want to thank you all for reading this, I'm pretty stuck so any help would be amazing.

I currently have an Independent c24 combi boiler. This boiler has never had a thermostat fitted so had the original red cable connection, the boiler has only ever had the timer switch located on the front of the unit.

A couple of weeks ago I brought myself a netatmo smart thermostat, NTH01-EN-EC.

I have fitted the receiver onto the wall, next to the boiler, and fed the wires into the boiler. I have removed the red connection cable, for the thermostat input, and replaced these with the gray and black cable from the receiver, the control cables, I have also wired the blue and brown cables to give the receiver power.

I'm now stuck, I have put all the switches, located on the timer, to off, in hope the thermostat would take over. But it hasn't, instead the radiators seem to never turn off completely and I dont understand why.

I would like to add i have put all the radiators onto 3 as i thought the thermostat would take over and allow me to control the temp of the house.

For the last 4 days I've had my thermistat off but the heating stays on.

I can supply images of the boiler or wiring if anyone needs to see this. I'm just looking to get some help to enable my family to have a way to handle the heat within the house.

Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Okay, so if I put all the 24 hour switches to on the thermostat will take over?

I'm sorry for the stupid question but its my first house and this is all very new to me.

Thank you for the help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back