Indesit WIDL126 washer dryer not heating when drying

No need to take out just get a meter and see wot reading you get on the heater terminals. The themo is a long fuse in the yellow wire just see in u got continuity at both ends.

Sponsored Links
Rocks many thanks for your help. I tried passing a current through the thermal fuse and nothing... so i bypassed it with some thick wire and hey presto! Now all in need to do is find where i can buy a replacement! Thanks again for all your help!

Try eBay or espares or local appliance shop.

Sponsored Links
Yeah will try ebay first i think. I've bought a pcb and complete wiring harness so the thermal fuse may be included.

No it won't be included. The Pcb might not be any good unless the other mc had the same motor on it, it's got to be written to that mc via EPROM and commecial code.

My heater on the dryer on an Indesit 126 also not working nprogramme works ok). Can't even get the top off. I have undone the two screws at the back, the three behind the powder dispenser and taken off the knobs. But top still not lifting off. Are there any more.

If I do get the top off, is this where the fuse might be or anything else that might need replacing (I took off the back and there are two wires going to something like an element at the borttom left (from the back) off the drum.

Any ideas tips much appreciatred as out of warranty now, but very clean machine and wash cycle ok.

No need to remove rear cover or dispenser screws, lid slides back , just a hard slap on the front lid. Dryer heater is on top with 2 brass nuts on it.

No need to remove rear cover or dispenser screws, lid slides back , just a hard slap on the front lid. Dryer heater is on top with 2 brass nuts on it.

Great that worked ok.

I looked at the heating element inside the box and seems all intact and unmarked.

So maybe the fuse or the thermostat ?? or the sensor. I Do not have continuity tester.

The thermal cut out fuse inside the yellow casing is all intact. Could it still be blown inside the little silver thing in the middle?

Great that worked ok.

I looked at the heating element inside the box and seems all intact and unmarked.

So maybe the fuse or the thermostat ?? or the sensor. I Do not have continuity tester.

The thermal cut out fuse inside the yellow casing is all intact. Could it still be blown inside the little silver thing in the middle?

All working now. It was the thermal cut out fuse. Thanks Rocks for the help and all in the forum. Really great resource.

I know this is an old post but I have the same problem and wold like some help.mine is the same model and washing fine but all of a sudden when drying the clothing is all still wet, although the steam coming from the clothes when I take them out.

I took the top off and everything seems to look ok, I don't have a meter to test it though. The strange thing is the silver heat part is really hot when I touch it so I'm unsure if this is because there just heat from the unit spinning or it means the heater is working.

Attached a pic also.

I'm pretty sure I have fixed it. As the heater unit was hot I can assume the element was heating up, so made me think why isn't the heat getting inside the drum. I took I lid off the metal unit and found a fan that was totally full off fluff, all the vents were full so I assumed that the heat was not circulating as it should. I took one nut off and the fan comes out and cleaned all the fan grills with a brush and blasted it with some compressed air. Put it back together and all seems fine, was a simple 10min job.

Pic attached of the fan.

Hi,
I have had the exact same issue with mine.
when plugged in and door shut trips circuit breaker.
Got into the dryer bit on top and disconnected the heater element.
Now when put onto a WASH ONLY cycle, starts fine and begins to fill then the "stain removal" light, the "easy iron" light start flashing, the door lock light flashes really fast (tho the door IS locked) and it sounds like its trying to pump out the water endlessly until unplugged. (but it isn't tripping the circuit breaker anymore)
The element i removed shows continuity but also show continuity between the terminal and the brass fitting/curled metal element outside.
If this is just the machine reacting to not having an element then i can replace that easily but something tells me it is not.
Any ideas?
PS everything inside looks dry and happy but moisture was found in the dryer compartment where the element lives - is this normal?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back