Inequality in society

• Thread starter Deleted member 174758
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174758

Here's a question for those that support Boris: if you are the bottom and the DWP sanction you, it's immediate - if you are rich and Russian and the Tory government sanction you, it takes a month... Why?

Sponsored Links
I'll let you know when and if the EU ever sanction Russian oil and gas as we have.

I'll let you know when and if the EU ever sanction Russian oil and gas as we have.
Lol. You mean Bozzas pledge to be slightly less reliant on Russian energy starting in a year or so?

Meanwhile Tory chums of Russian oligarchs take backhanders allowing the back route to plunder and take advantage of the Uk and it’s finances.

Will that be after this Conservative govt sanctions the Russian Oligarchs that donated to the Conservative party.

Sponsored Links
The Germanes will end reliance on gas etc, the long term effect will hit harder than sanctioning a few olly's.

Blup

Last edited:
Filly has no excuse for his government

But we all know they accept hundreds of millions from Russian sources who are buying friends and influence.

Here's a question for those that support Boris: if you are the bottom and the DWP sanction you, it's immediate - if you are rich and Russian and the Tory government sanction you, it takes a month... Why?

1. you are potentially steeling from UK tax payers.
2. you are potentially steeling from foreign tax payers.

The first group have a vote.

But why does it take so long to sanction the latter? As to stealing from the tax payer - you'd better hope you never end up in the dole. I doubt your constitution xouild take it. It isn't pleasant and some DWP staff seem to take a malign pleasure on sanctioning people. We actually wasted more money (or spaffed more up the wakll) on overpriced and/or useless PPE in 2020 than we paid out in Universal Credit

But why does it take so long to sanction the latter? As to stealing from the tax payer - you'd better hope you never end up in the dole. I doubt your constitution xouild take it. It isn't pleasant and some DWP staff seem to take a malign pleasure on sanctioning people. We actually wasted more money (or spaffed more up the wakll) on overpriced and/or useless PPE in 2020 than we paid out in Universal Credit
sanctioning people in UC means they starve

I'm not saying this against the OP, just making the more general point.

What's the point discussing these things? Yes it's a pessimistic way to look at it, however it's the way it has always been ... and always will be.

The masses are easier to control and monitor through things like PAYE. Yes some will still fly below the radar, however generally our financial transactions (including those on benefits) are easier to track, audit etc.

Whereas if you're rich/super-rich, it's easier to find ways to hide/move your money. Then, even if the proverbial hits the fan, chances are you might still be able to find a way out of it through expensive lawyers and/or the relationships you might have with people in high places.

I'm not accusing people on the dole of steeling from the tax payer, I'm justifying why people get sanctioned quickly. The benefits cost the tax payer and if people on unemployment benefit aren't doing all they can to find work, then these processes are designed to encourage them. If you think you have been unfairly sanctioned, follow this guide https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/sanctions/if-youve-been-sanctioned/

@diy_fun_uk The question is because other countries have acted a lot faster than we have without having to resort to the weasel words of The Blonde Blob to try to justify their inaction. This country, Global Britain, is now garnering a worldwide reputation of being corrupt, dishonest, uncharitable, mean and self-centred because of the behaviour, in particular, of our Glorious Leader and his unfit and incompetent cabal. That sort of smell rubs off on all of us - when we work or travel abroad or with foreigners, when we have dealings with anyone outside if the UK. But hey, if you think it doesn't matter that we are turning into a pariah state, so what? We are only the little people, and we don't matter, eh?

@diy_fun_uk The question is because other countries have acted a lot faster than we have without having to resort to the weasel words of The Blonde Blob to try to justify their inaction. This country, Global Britain, is now garnering a worldwide reputation of being corrupt, dishonest, uncharitable, mean and self-centred because of the behaviour, in particular, of our Glorious Leader and his unfit and incompetent cabal. That sort of smell rubs off on all of us - when we work or travel abroad or with foreigners, when we have dealings with anyone outside if the UK. But hey, if you think it doesn't matter that we are turning into a pariah state, so what? We are only the little people, and we don't matter, eh?
Yep, we've been the useful idiot to many countries, that's for sure. It's almost laughable to watch politicians saying 'we need to revisit our policies and relationships with <insert the name of various countries here>' ... my question would be 'why the heck did we allow things to get so bad in this country in the first place?!?'

Of course I already know the answer.

Power, greed and turning a blind eye to more than a view dodgy goings on.

The benefits cost the tax payer and if people on unemployment benefit aren't doing all they can to find work, then these processes are designed to encourage them. If you think you have been unfairly sanctioned, follow this guide
Firstly I haven't been sanctioned, because I'm not on UC.

Secondly, sanctions on benefits claimants are immediate - having been involved with a couple of people who were unfairly sanctioned, I can assure you that with the appeals process it often takes about 6 weeks to get someone unsanctioned, sometimes longer. One case we had to take to court and the DWP backed down on the strps if the court, but no word if apology to the victim of all of this (an autistic adult) from the DWP. And how are people who are sanctioned supposed to live in the meantime with zero money?

Thirdly, Sunak is happy not to go after fraud in government grants (e.g. over claimed furlough money) despite that being a far greater amount than the UC budget.

Fourthly, have you ever tried to live on benefits? It is hardly living in the lap of luxury.

Fifth, the currentvapproach if the DWP us to force people on the dole to apply for as many jobs as possible, regardless of whether or not it is suitable - this just wastes the applicant's time as well as the potential employer. No wonder many firms are hacked off with the behaviour of the DWP (talk to the FSB if you don't believe me)

As a society we are failing to deal with this issue by doing essential stuff like (re)training people to do other jobs. The DWP will happily pay for driving lessons and a CSCS labourer's training day if you happen to be a migrant - but if you were born here, firget it. This is a problem of governance - or rather a lack of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back