Inequality in society

• Thread starter Deleted member 174758
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
if you look at the touch points a typical economic migrant, who enters illegally will have its very easy to see the cost.
- Paying the French to enforce the camps £££
- Boarder patrol and search and rescue ££
- Rescue £
- Detaining, giving medical treatment and housing in a detention centre ££
- Processing £
- Appeals and legal process £££
- removal ££
- repeat.

Then you have those that escape, who have to live under the radar and work within all sorts of criminal scenarios

Sponsored Links
if you look at the touch points a typical economic migrant, who enters illegally will have its very easy to see the cost.
- Paying the French to enforce the camps £££
- Boarder patrol and search and rescue ££
- Rescue £
- Detaining, giving medical treatment and housing in a detention centre ££
- Processing £
- removal ££
- repeat

1) that is not an economic migrant - they mostly come from Syria, Yemen, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq….places which persecute their citizens

2) not an illegal immigrant.

Then you have those that escape, who have to live under the radar and work within all sorts of criminal scenarios

they don’t claim benefits.

Do you think people leave their home country for the fun of it?

Do you think people leave their home country for the fun of it?

I remember the 80's when BIG money could be earned on the building sites of Germany.

Auf Weidersehen, pet.

Syria, Yemen, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq…

Often more correctly ex or current war zones and resultant camps. That in itself can lead to economic migration. UK state aspects aren't that simple. Do you think European countries refuse support and treatment when needed? They wont want people dying etc on the streets.

People who arrive from some areas are legally refugees - all of them. I sometimes wonder if the west should interfere with their countries but on the other hand in some it's others who are doing the same.

I remember the 80's when BIG money could be earned on the building sites of Germany.

Auf Weidersehen, pet.
Some countries are crying out for willing labour. Like the UK for instance. I guess farmers will have to let their produce rot for another year until Priti takes her finger out of her ass.

They had a man on the box that has been campaigning against money from certain sources floating around in the west for a long time. He feels that the sanctions wont influence Putin at all. An oly who is resident feels it wont do much about other oly's as well. He is likely to be correct. There is a simple reason for that especially on items like property. It will be owned by some shell company in a tax haven. That is where their money and some assets will be. When their wealth is stated it will be based largely on more apparent assets. Eg Amazon man - the vast bulk of his stated wealth is down to owning some of Amazon not money.. His income is high if he still draws one but the salaries at the top of bigger business always are.

Sanctions and Putin's war. I'm inclined to see the point Rand org made, The vast bulk of the cost occurs before a war is started. Once it starts "stock" can need replenishing. World powers are often completely self sufficient in that area. Replacing doesn't cost anywhere near as much and due to Russia's position in the world it has plenty of stock anyway. It feels it has to match everything that is pointed at it.

So what do sanctions do? Reduce the countries wealth over time and cause citizens some inconvenience, probably some real problems as well. They also in this case increase costs in the counties that apply them. Some may decide they can't afford that. Talk of sanctioning them too - there is no saying where that might end.

One of our politicians says that has knocked $Xb''s off them - yes on the companies they own but they are still there.

The war continues. The end comes when one side or the other for some reason stops it. Will sanctions do that soon - afraid I don't think so.

they had work visas

Yes they did, it's called "controlled immigration".

I remember being tempted to pop over at the time, it was oil rig money for some trades. I've known a few over the years who did put 1yr-2yr in & all raved about what I'd missed. Zee Goirmans weren't complaining either, none of their lads were pushed out or forced to work at lower wages & I bet none of those sites lost money on the build either.

Strange how it can work when it's "controlled immigration".

-
-
- repeat.

After the welfare payments the legal appeals are the big money spinner. Look in any vibrant multicultural town and you will see immigration law offices in number. The appeals never end, their point being to make as much money (from the public purse) as possible and to keep the immigrant here all the while.

Sponsored Links
Back