installation notification

"scarypants wrote:
b-a-s, I do get it and understand how it works, just feel it should be done another way.

Such as?"

If I may,

Yes it`s all well and good to complain about Part P but what other way would suffice?

Something needed doing- we`ve all seen poor installs both by "Electricians" and DIY.

Not everything needs to be done only by qualified Electricians.

Some sort of overcheck is needed.

There are many who have installed quite well for years without formal qualifications - do you bring them into the fold or exclude them?

Some standard needed to be set, at a reasonable level.

Like many others I see many drawbacks with the present system but I see some merits too.

being realistic, in the real world that we all live in, any meaningfull suggestions?.

One benefit - More people have actually done the courses (Regs and I & T) and hopefully have a better understanding. More people now have correct test gear so hopefully they might use it (correctly).
Therefore standards might have improved a little in the scheme of things.

Problem solved - No not by a long way but perhaps it`s being addressed a little.

Realistically I had a conversation with a heating engineer a couple of years ago (OK he was reffering to the Corgi set up but them same applies to Part P) "The only people being policed is the chap who is trying to do it reet in the first place" sadly there`s a bit of truth in that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back