Installing a printer

No I wasnt Spark., but as you see above I did get there. I left clicked on the printer in the control panel and it took me to the screen on your posting where I right clicked to find the USB.

Sponsored Links
Are you getting ready when you are looking at the icon on the control panel?

Can you just try and print something?

It is probably a good time to create a system restore point in case the below instruction doesn't work: click on the start button, all programs, maintenance, backup and restore centre. On the left hand side select system restore. Click create and enter a name. Click OK when it is complete and close the restore windows.

Unplug the USB lead from the printer and reboot the system. Click on the start button, all programs, accessories, run. Type in C:\Drivers\printer\X1100 and hopefully this will install the driver for you.

Sponsored Links
Didn't print. "Problem communicating with the printer", but as I said above, the machine can scan but not print the scanned item.

Will start that now Spark123. Does it refer to the whole system or just the printer installation?

Left side offers 'Repair Windowsusing System Restore' OR 'Create a restore point or change settings'.

Right side offers 'Create back-up files' OR 'Restore files from a back up'.

A system restore is just a point you can make your computer go back to should the worst happen!!
'Create restore point or change settings' is the one.

To proceed with Sparky 123's instructions, I have got to know what reboot is and how to go about it. Come on guys, I've been trying to instal this printer for about 16 hours. Been through all my Computer Active 'Jargon Busters' and it's not listed.

Igorian said:
This is a wind up...right?

No Igorian, it is not a wind up! I have waited almost an hour to get on with this printer problem but I honestly did not know what reboot meant. I even went to an electronic dictionary only to find that to reboot was to boot again - a big help that was. I am totally clueless about computers and dont mind in the slightest admitting it.

And while we are on the subject, a message has just appeared at the bottom of my screen saying that there is an "Incorrect DLL Loaded". Whats that all about?

Sponsored Links
Back