Installing floodlight

That's how I understand the guidance document.
It would be daft to say that you can install an outside light - but then say not if it has connections in it :LOL:
I can't think of any external luminaires without connections??

Sponsored Links
Perhaps its time for a document that states exactly what the expect, so we dont have such wide varying interpretations and implications. After all we all want the same thing, a safe install/industry in which cowboys find it very difficult to operate. And if you find a financially viable solution to that you'll be a very rich man(maybe :p)

Sponsored Links
Go for it!
Maybe we can have the actual law re-written so it doesn't refer to a paid for (and now out of date) british standard!

Yes, I'll have to agree with you on this
OK.

Now consider if it would all make a lot more sense, and have none of these anomalies, if "connection" meant whatever ran between the luminaire and the source in order to connect it to the supply, and therefore that a light fixed to the wall with the cable running through the wall would not have an "exposed outdoor connection".....

It still wouldn't be what the law says, but it would be consistent and meaningful within itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back