Installing hive with old ideal logic es35

Alright, well sorry I wasn't trying to hijack another post I just saw one that was inactive from 3 years ago that seemed to be having a similar issue to my untrained eye.

So Ian if I've wired mine completely wrong could you give me any suggestions of how to wire it correctly?

Sponsored Links
It previously had two wired thermostats installed so I suppose so. How do I check?
If you previously had two wired thermostats then you have a completly different system you have an S Plan, you must have zone valves somewhere

OK thanks, I agree with you I must have an S plan. Is it still possible to correctly fit this hive receiver to my boiler? If so are there any illustrations of how to connect it up?

Yes it’s still possible. Did you buy x2 hives?

Sponsored Links
No just got the one hive kit. I'm willing to buy a second but there's only one set of input wires to the boiler, is there anything I can do for now just to get the heating on following 1 hive thermostat?

on an S plan the hives connect to the wiring centre , which in turn control the zone valves , who each in turn control the boiler, the hives never meet the boiler electrically , you need two single channel hives and two seperate receivers

So I should put the receivers where the old thermostats where and connect them to those wires? With my current single hive receiver can I wire it to control one of the old valves and if so how do I do that?

So I should put the receivers where the old thermostats where and connect them to those wires? With my current single hive receiver can I wire it to control one of the old valves and if so how do I do that?
Yes put receivers where old ones were, or position near to wiring centre and run fresh cable/wires. Providing it’s wired correctly, you should still be able to control one zone.

Alright! Making progress thanks guys. So I took the receiver out from the boiler and connected the wires back to the old thermostats.
They worked, heating on and off as usual.

Then I opened up the old thermostat and took a picture of the wiring to try and mimic it with the receiver.

This is how I hooked up the receiver and it didn't quite work. Boiler light didn't stay on, got a C for a while when I had the hive activated then turned it off and on and it got stuck on 0.

Attachments

• PXL_20210326_201332488.jpg
    PXL_20210326_201332488.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20210326_210417593.jpg
    PXL_20210326_210417593.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20210326_210708016.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210326_210708016.MP.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 42

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back