Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have brought a Tado smart thermostat and currently attempting to install it.

I currently have a Worcester Greenstar i boiler connected to a Honeywell BDR91 which wirelessly links to a Honeywell EHE0200361. (All images attached)

I have entered this information into the step by step guide on the tado website, however it is telling me that I need to purchase an extension kit from them. I would imagine this is because in most setups, the wireless receiver (BDR91) is hidden away. My receiver is conveniently placed where I would like to mount the tado smart thermostat. I was hoping the wiring would be a simple swap but I've now hit a curveball in that the installation instructions are not helping.

I am likely to be wrong but I was thinking that the wiring would be something like this because the tado is powered by batteries:

BDR91 (N) = TadoST Spare
BDR91 (L) = TadoST Spare
BDR91 (L) = TadoST Spare
BDR91 (A) = TadoST (COM)
BDR91 (B) = TadoST (NO)
BDR91 (C) = empty

I have attached images of my current wiring and also of the tado smart thermostat terminals. I would really appreciate any advice for wiring the smart thermostat to these cables or if it is true that I need an extension kit.

Thanks very much,

Will

Attachments

• IMG_4652.JPEG
    IMG_4652.JPEG
    161.8 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_4653.JPEG
    IMG_4653.JPEG
    154.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_4654.JPEG
    IMG_4654.JPEG
    111.7 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_4354 (1).jpeg
    IMG_4354 (1).jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_4645.PNG
    IMG_4645.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 713
  • 2tado.JPG
    2tado.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 538
  • tado.JPG
    tado.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hello,

Yes you would need the extension kit, as it acts as a receiver for your boiler. If you don’t, nothing will work. Batteries are only to power the wireless thermostat (a bit like your tv remote).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back