integrated dishwasher wiring - is this even safe?....

Would we feel more comfortable with this arrangement? Only a single socket is required View attachment 284865
As long as the appliance cable is long enough it should be quite doable, if not another hole can be cut but be aware the position of the appliance doesn't trap the cable.
View attachment 284868

I would put it higher, those ball valves can be a PITA, dripping or spitting when you turn them.

Sponsored Links
I would put it higher, those ball valves can be a PITA, dripping or spitting when you turn them.
Yes agreed, however I imagine this is unlikely to be changed,
Notional idea really

Sponsored Links
Im interested in this as thinking about it I do have sockets under my fish tank. Let's say the tank breaks and water floods out onto the sockets...Will the only thing that happens is the RCD tripping? No fire or anything?
Thanks.

Can also use an FCU inside the cupboard with cables and flex all hidden. Flex to a socket behind dishwasher if there's space, or somewhere near. Or use one of those lighting style connectors if happy to cut off plug.

Im interested in this as thinking about it I do have sockets under my fish tank. Let's say the tank breaks and water floods out onto the sockets...Will the only thing that happens is the RCD tripping? No fire or anything?

Nothing is guaranteed - you can only assume the RCD will do it's job when needed.

Thanks.
Unlikely to be a fire but your fish will die.

What are the slider rails under the sink waste for? If they are not going to be used take them out, drill a small hole in the base, bring the two T&E cables up through the base as high as they will reach, re-fit the socket to the right-hand side panel and cover the cables with a bit of capping.

What are the slider rails under the sink waste for? If they are not going to be used take them out, drill a small hole in the base, bring the two T&E cables up through the base as high as they will reach, re-fit the socket to the right-hand side panel and cover the cables with a bit of capping.
that will basically be a drawer, usually a flat shelf with a 'cage'and any height right up to the top and possibly including additional levels
something like this sort of parts but very adaptable:
1667923356421.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back