Interesting EICR Video

Wow I am amazed my little channel makes it into discussion forums. Thanks!

In fairness the thumbnail is perhaps misleading. I meant what was supposed to be an EICR made it the worst ever as we ended up dealing with the landlord, DNO, supplier and changing a consumer unit all as emergency to keep the tenant in the property.

Get involved in the comments on YT!

I have been on many many worse EICRs. My background is MOD and USAFE military assets across the world. I have seen some things for time to time.

Sadly that could never be shown on YouTube.

I am sure no personal offence is ever intended in discussions like this. But perhaps take a minute to think of people making this content rather than trying to act like a clever know it all.

Enjoy your Sunday
Hi Mark.
One of the problems these days is the plethora of electricians boasting on youtube how good they are and to be honest some of what they show I'd be far too embarrassed to be associated with.

I attended an unsatisfactory EICR a short while back for which the outside lighting needed totally rewiring, the 'inspector' even boasted to the tenant how good he is and quoted YT as some sort of status symbol. They confirmed his identity when I showed them a YT video.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/armoured-cable-using-steel-for-earth.560613/#post-4830190
An out and out con merchant if that job was anything to go by. We do carefully consider the content and sometimes we criticise, like the YT videos we sometimes get it wrong too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back