Intergas boiler

Sponsored Links
what makes the gas come out of a valve fitted with a zero governor?

Probably the partial vacuum created in the venturi sucks the gas out of the governor ?

Strictly speaking a venturi is not a valve. And being pedantic it is a zero pressure differential governor. The gas at the outlet port is at the same pressure as the ambient atmosphere hence it has to be sucked out of the valve.

Sponsored Links
Probably the partial vacuum created in the venturi sucks the gas out of the governor ?

Strictly speaking a venturi is not a valve. And being pedantic it is a zero pressure differential governor. The gas at the outlet port is at the same pressure as the ambient atmosphere hence it has to be sucked out of the valve.

Very clever so now do the easy bit...................

Not that I've ever seen a fan flap stuck on an Intergas but what would happen if it did and there was no airflow from the fan as in your scenario?

Go on you don't even have to Google this one in an attempt to look clever ;)

In theory ( and hopefully in practise ) with reduced or zero air flow through the venturi little or no gas would be sucked. But from school physics lessons I do recall that venturi devices are not linear and, depending on the design, may operate erratically at low flow rates.

It is interesting that the anti convection flap appears to be a solution to a unforeseen heat loss problem with the original design.

As to your second point yes that's evolution in action
"Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. These characteristics are the expressions of genes that are passed on from parent to offspring during reproduction."
Or for the "clever" smart azz pedantic people on here,,not evolution At All!!!!

"Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. These characteristics are the expressions of genes that are passed on from parent to offspring during reproduction."

Or perhaps you didn't know the E in the boilers name HRE stands for evolution...............

Before attempting to score by pointing out what you perceive as someones mistake make sure you're not making yourself look a total plank ;)

That's just one of the five definitions of "evolution" in the Oxford Dictionary.

The second definition, which is relevant to the subject being discussed, is: "The gradual development of something."

And if you want to be really esoteric, try the mathematical meaning: "The extraction of a root from a given quantity."

That's just one of the five definitions of "evolution" in the Oxford Dictionary.

The second definition, which is relevant to the subject being discussed, is: "The gradual development of something."

And if you want to be really esoteric, try the mathematical meaning: "The extraction of a root from a given quantity."

Thank you David. It appears that Durham plumber is just another Google warrior.

I've thoroughly enjoyed myself today in this forum talking to the likes of HW, DP and Bernie

I know they wind some people up but I just see it as my duty - a kind of care in the community type thing.

After all they can't help it bless them :whistle:

Correct me if I am wrong. On Intergas boilers (Xclusive or Eco RF) there will be a hot slug of burning water at the start?

If thats the case then its a deal breaker.

Well so far my interactions with Intergas have not been positive. I called up their sales and the lady on the phone though was nice couldn't answer any of my questions - it was call out an installer and ask them.

I would rather have some questions about the install to ask the installer rather than the product. I am getting closer to knocking IG off my list.

Buying a boiler is way more than just it being reliable and having a supposed 10 yr warranty. I would want the installer to service the boiler every year and I am surprised that the Intergas boilers need a full strip down and seal replacements every year during a service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back