intergas boilers

The boilers i chose were not part of any strategy - just on the age of the appliances in relation to when I started fitting Intergas boilers.

I have posted the full list (therefore expensive ) price in the other place.

Fact remains though, that most detractors are denegrating the boilers with next to no actual experience; or at best making assumptions on the reliability of individual components without the actual failure rates.

Sponsored Links
if you have posted the current prices of intergas elsewhere...why would you post wb parts from 10 year ago models, surely a "like for like" ie current prices would be better ??

and in rigging this comparison ..why would you>? as suggested why don t you post the current spares for say the si ?? ( because people would be able to see the vast price difference)

and i have never fitted one, as their supply network, parts supplying and back up seems very small and therfore would stress me if things did go wrong

I was posting from an Android tablet which makes it PITA to search and paste.

Nice of you to prove my point though. ;). Parts are next day delivery. If you fit the boilers regularly you get a service box with nearly all the likely parts needed.

But seeing as you asked so nicely: :rolleyes:

Intergas Control Board £258.00
Intergas Pressure Gauge £21.00
Intergas Heat Exchanger Seal £13.00
InterOpen Heat Exchanger Seal £12.00
Intergas Gas valve - Honeywell £127.00
Intergas Gas valve - SIT £127.00
Intergas Gas valve - Siemens £127.00
Intergas Ignition Generator - SIT £15.50
Intergas Ignition Generator - Honeywell £15.50
Intergas Ignition Generator - Siemens £15.50
Intermix Tube (HE26/32 for use with Siemens / Sit) £24.31
Intergas Ignition Leads £20.00
Intergas Ignition Electrode £16.50
Intergas Ignition Electrode Gasket £4.29
Intergas Fan £130.00
InterCombi Flow Switch £36.50
Intergas S3 (domestic hot water thermistor) £18.50
Intergas S1 + S2 temperature Sensor £16.00
Intergas O-Ring £1.65
Intergas Burner Gasket £6.50
Intergas Display Cover £8.06
Intergas Display Magnet £5.14
Intergas Standard Pump £106.00
InterGas 6m Head Pump £85.00
Intergas Expansion Vessel Hose £27.20
Intergas Expansion Vessel £59.50
Intergas PRV £14.50

The only thing in there I think is excessive is the standard pump. Remember that is list price.

And i repeat. I didn't rig the comparison. i went onto Parts Arena to find a boiler that was in production in 2004.

If Worcester were selling obscure boilers from the German market short production runs - it is hardly my fault.

The Intergas parts listed (for the Atmos version BTW) can be fitted to any boiler dating back to before then AFAIK. All you need is to know which gas valve is fitted as the ignitor blocks are different for each of the three.

Sponsored Links
Only ever changed a few Siemens (funnily enough).

Not sure if it is the same as the Baxi version though - they plug into the gas valve and power the valve solenoid as well and generating the spark.

The spark lead is also the flame rec too.

From memory the SIT were just as reliable as the Honeywell.

Can only remember replacing a couple of flow switches too - and I still have one in stock because it was a warranty job and I was pretty sure it was just carp in the pipe work.

PCB's - changed less than 10. And a couple of those were only because on nimrods not knowing what volt-free meant. And one where the boiler was installed outside, with just a bit of plastic protecting it from the weather. Had lasted a couple of years before it fried though.

The only "regular" issue I have really encountered apart from lime scale, has been the S1 sensor (which I suspect was not helped by local overheating due to the aforementioned scale) and as time develops, it seems the EV hose get a little fragile with age.

Gaskets don't need replacing every time the HEX is cleaned either.

Bear in mind that Intergas/atmos

- sell an insignificant number of boilers in the uk
- the turnover of the uk distributors is tiny
- one of the moving parts is aWilo pump, which have been problematic in nearly every domestic boiler that uses them
- the uk distributors have no repair staff, you are relying on your chosen installer for on site post sales assistance
- the solution used is not unique or new. Worcester and Ferroli, amongst others, have brought out boilers with a similar no of moving parts and design up to 15 years ago. All have been dropped, and they were no more reliable than other designs.

By all means buy one, just don't go with the hype. Three years ago, people were raving on about Remeha Avantas, and they haven't turned out at all well. Stopped fitting them 3 years back.

Go in with your eyes and ears open, and hope your installer keeps in favour with his fave boiler for the next 10 yrs. Because if he doesnt, your warranty wont be worth much.

thanx guys
from what i have herd and i have asked alot of people!!! the intergas seems to be one of the best boilers on the market but just not alot of people know about them and there is not a great lot online about its that why i have had to go down the forum route as reviews are hard to come by online

but from what i have found out intergas are ment to be a great compnay with lots of experiance and if there is a fault and its in warrenty its normaly minor an they send sum one out the same day and the other big plus is only 4 moving parts so hardley nothin to go wrong!!!!

once its in ill giv u n update on it
any thoughts on the intergas boiler now its in. i am just about to order a new boiler viessmann or intergas ?

i can add something here. Recently had to change a Ferolli variant combi had lasted 21 years not bad for a double hex design.

It doesn't make economic sense to have boilers last that long lets make them overly complicated like WB. Change em every 10 years or so :)

Fitted about thirty intergas now just have lots of happy customers.

thanx guys
from what i have herd and i have asked alot of people!!! the intergas seems to be one of the best boilers on the market but just not alot of people know about them and there is not a great lot online about its that why i have had to go down the forum route as reviews are hard to come by online

but from what i have found out intergas are ment to be a great compnay with lots of experiance and if there is a fault and its in warrenty its normaly minor an they send sum one out the same day and the other big plus is only 4 moving parts so hardley nothin to go wrong!!!!

once its in ill giv u n update on it
any thoughts on the intergas boiler now its in. i am just about to order a new boiler viessmann or intergas ?

I have had this intergas boiler for nearly a year and its idiot proof,suits me fine!!! Seriously though, its a pleasure to own and operate!!

Had the intergas 36/30 now for a year come with 5 year warranty running great. very happy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back