intergas boilers

Let us now how you get on and what the fault is, and lets hope its sorted quick time.

But if I get 2 years out of mine with no faults I'll be happy compered to the last boiler that seem to have constant faults almost from day one.

Sponsored Links
Let us now how you get on and what the fault is, and lets hope its sorted quick time.

But if I get 2 years out of mine with no faults I'll be happy compered to the last boiler that seem to have constant faults almost from day one.

yeah will do.,I'm not that bothered how quick it gets fixed. I heat the house by my two wood burners anyway as I have access to as much free wood as I can eat and I've an electric shower. the boiler works for an hour in the morning before it drops off so it warns the house up anyway.! it has been faultless up until now so I can't complain.!

ill get it sorted after Christmas some time.!

Any updated views on reliability of Intergas boilers - got a boiler change coming up soon and considering the options (current one is an ideal combi boiler and had 9 callouts in 3 years to get various bits replaced).

Thinking Valliant, WB or Intergas - all have had people say positive things, negatives for Valliant seem to be the customer service, negatives for WB seem to be the decreasing quality and negatives for Intergas seem to be lack of knowledge with the product/experienced fitters/ risk of parts availability etc.

If Vaillant customer service is said to be negative, good luck with Intergas as they have no customer service, they won't even answer simple question from one of their own installers that fits over 50 a year!
WB is best for customer service, Vaillant for best product, intergas if you can't get a Ferrolli or Sime!
If you fit Vaillant insist on their control packages as they'll make the boiler behave as the manufacturer intended, specifically their weather compensation kits.

Regards U6

Sponsored Links
negatives for Intergas seem to be lack of knowledge with the product/experienced fitters/ risk of parts availability etc.

Exactly WHOSE lack of knowledge do you mean?

What lack of experienced fitters do you mean?

Tony

negatives for Intergas seem to be lack of knowledge with the product/experienced fitters/ risk of parts availability etc.

Exactly WHOSE lack of knowledge do you mean?

What lack of experienced fitters do you mean?

Tony

Tony - didn't mean to ruffle feathers - I'll clarify what I meant. Some of the main criticisms against intergas boilers appear to be that they are not widely used (when compared to Valliant/WB etc) and therefore, although you may have a platinum installer near you now, you may not in a few years time if interest in the product subsides. This could lead to worse service in the future and having to use boiler engineers who aren't familiar with the product (although I appreciate this shouldn't stop a good engineer - but that is not always what you end up with when you need someone in a hurry) or engineers that don't carry around the parts.

Also, due to the fact that there are not that many installers around (again compared to WB etc), there is not a lower number of engineers who can say I've fitted x many and had y problems (compared to other major brands).

I think that you are imagining problems which don't exist.

There are plenty of engineers who understand and fit IG boilers.

For warrantee and out of warrantee IG now have a number of staff engineers as well as many service agents.

Because the boilers are very reliable not every engineer will carry every part. But that's also the case for other makes as well. Spare parts are not widely available but not often needed.

The only valid part of your concerns is that if you are very mean then there are not so many installers to play off against each other to screw the lowest installation price. Because of the longer warrantee you are really obliged to use a registered installer though but you don't have to.

I don't think there any problems. Their sales are increasing although still small in numbers.

There is only one aspect of some concern to installers which is the lack of good backup from their UK office. I have an IG pen and an IG mug ( actually two ) but no teeshirt !

Backup will hopefully improve but in the meantime we have to put up with it because we like the design of the boilers. But that is our problem and not yours as a householder.

Tony

Thank you very much for the input.

And no - whilst there are certain things in world where I am not concerned with the 'quality' of the tradesmen, or indeed the actual materials (e.g. because I am likely going to finish it off myself or I can double check it myself or I know I can fix it easily etc), boilers and boiler installation don't fall within those categories - am definitely looking for right reliability and price rather than just price.

What Agile fails to mention is that he doesn't fit or repair many intergas boiled either.he also forgets to mention that they all seem to suffer with the same faults and are very common failures throughout the brand.
The main issue at the minute would be fault code 4 errors where the longest serving installer on the forum has changed every part on a relatively young boiler and still can't shift the fault.

Never heard of that with a WB or Vaillant.

Sorry but stay well clear, the same would be said though of a WB junior opting for the CDi's and stay away from Vaillant ECO Tec Pro opting for the plus.

If your considering the obscure maybe look at ATAG.

Regards U6

That particular fault is on a 7 year old boiler and could well be an external fault.

The boiler is also weather compensated on a large system so could well have condensed itself into oblivion :LOL:

Turns out that both gas and water services have been changed to plastic so there is a very real chance that the earth is poor. Sparky going to check that out tomorrow :p

None have caught fire to my knowledge.

Unlike wooshitter Botch or Vaillant. Plus Intergas are more responsible with personal data unlike many of the traditional favourites.

I know what I would have at home ;).

What Agile fails to mention is that he doesn't fit or repair many intergas boiled either.he also forgets to mention that they all seem to suffer with the same faults and are very common failures throughout the brand.
The main issue at the minute would be fault code 4 errors where the longest serving installer on the forum has changed every part on a relatively young boiler and still can't shift the fault.

Never heard of that with a WB or Vaillant.

Sorry but stay well clear, the same would be said though of a WB junior opting for the CDi's and stay away from Vaillant ECO Tec Pro opting for the plus.

If your considering the obscure maybe look at ATAG.

Regards U6

Hey U2 I have two Intergas coming up for 4 years and both no problem, other than a 4 fault ( suffers from gale forse winds when in the wrong direction) but that is 100% boiler location being in a passage.

Now as I've said before, 4 of the last 6 vaillants burst into flames

4 out of 6...really...caught fire.... Seems you were very unlucky as the amount that actually burst into flames within the UK wasn't many more and the number with heat damage wasn't great either.

But let's look at it another way, Vaillant had an issue about 6years ago, the intergas wasn't even around here then, and no the atmos version isn't exactly the same.
Your boiler as you've said before like many other intergas had a 4fault... has the manufacturer admired the issue and started to solve it...the manufacturer who's boiler caught fire (don't make me laugh) did straight away.

On numbers sold, Vaillant sell how many thousand a week, intergas sell how many thousand a year? Percentage wise there's more faulty Intergas than their are vaillants on fire!

I know what I'd fit in my house.

Regards U6

In one sentence Intergas are the same as Atmos, in another they're different. You can't have your cake and eat it ;)

John's 4 code is different to mine and could as easily be blamed on the 3rd party flue provider, whom to my knowledge never used on either version boiler and have thus not had the issue.

Reminds me of a friend who fitted his first Intergas and dropped it killing the fan. Blamed as DOA.

Second had a stuck pump out of the box. Something I've not had in years, but used to be common across many brands to the point of mention in the destructions. :mrgreen: The poor boiler was blamed for that.

After those reports he's kept schtum about the other half dozen he's installed without fault ;) :p

They are a small firm but they're growing, and winning contracts from Vaillant for housing associations and councils.

U6 your have a lot of knowledge for only just passing exams a few months ago. :p

WB is no better than Intergas on technical support. Also why do 'big names' like WB & Vaillant use cheap pss poor plastic and neoprene parts that cause maximum damage when they fail taking out other components too? At least Intergas do not include obvious weak points in their products. I believe Intergas boilers currently have the least amount of plastic water carrying components. Let's not forget that Intergas have been producing heating appliances for over 50 years with their first condensing boiler launched in 1989.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back