internal diversity census

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My company are sending out forms to all 100,000+ staff to facilitate the above.

This is because they only currently hold the diversity info for 25% of the staff on file due to a series of mergers. They want to "build a database of the wealth of diversity and talent" or some such nonsense.

I shall be returning my form as "prefer not to state" for all questions and shall not be quiet about it either. I will tell others, and recommend they do the same.

What a right royal waste of money. I mean, who really cares about this data? Penpushers at head office and in government. Sack the lot of them, then we wont have to do this crap. The data wont improve the business, make it more profitable, or anything like that. My branch consists of 12 white straight non-disabled women and me. What are they gonna do? Say "employ more blacks and men"?

Go away and leave us alone. All forms like this do is highlight differences, where we should be treating everyone the same.

As an aside, in future when I give a statement to police, I will be telling them to tick the "prefer not to state" box on their diversity monitoring form. See if they support my one-man-protest.

Sponsored Links
So your manager right? and you only employ women?

Crafty indeed! :LOL:

So your manager right? and you only employ women?

Crafty indeed! :LOL:
No, the women were already employed when I was transferred there. And the previous (at least 4) managers have all been women.

Sponsored Links
The various merged companies should hold their own records, and know this information by collating it, it's illegal for them not to know this information. Due to diversity and equality laws.

You are in the minority in your department, so sack all the women and get black chinese lesbian disabled men in.

If I had 12 women under me, and this type of cost cutting form was doing the rounds, I'd keep my head down, play nice, and keep quiet, and keep enjoying the 12 women. :D

Back