IPAD or LAPTOP?

I had my first play with the iPad yesterday, but I could only see it as being useful to access the internet. The person who showed it me seemed to think that apps are a main feature, but to me the favourites area on my laptop serves to do the same purpose.

Admittedly it is a nice piece of equipment, but still it seems over priced for what it can do. It didn't even appear to have a usb port.

I see it as a glorified iPod Touch - possibly!!

Sponsored Links
Another problem with the iPad, is the total lack of support for any website or application that uses Adobe Flash. ;) ;)

Another problem with the iPad, is the total lack of support for any website or application that uses Adobe Flash. ;) ;)

That to me is the one absolute downside of the ipad, I just don't get why Apple are so stubborn about allowing it on the product.
Apart from that the ipad is great, but yes, it is really a glorified ipod ............. but nicer :)

That to me is the one absolute downside of the ipad, I just don't get why Apple are so stubborn about allowing it on the product.

Because Flash is an archaic pile of junk which nobody in their right mind would support.

The lack of it is the one good thing about Apple devices.

Sponsored Links

Because Flash is an archaic pile of junk which nobody in their right mind would support.

The lack of it is the one good thing about Apple devices.

Well that may well be your opinion, the fact is that I would like to use my ipad for applications that stricltly require flash. Until a usable alternative is available yes, I would like to use it.
Whether that statement now renders me 'not in my right mind' is I hope questionable.

Don't forget that Monkeh is stupid.

What's your problem?

Well that may well be your opinion, the fact is that I would like to use my ipad for applications that stricltly require flash. Until a usable alternative is available yes, I would like to use it.
Whether that statement now renders me 'not in my right mind' is I hope questionable.

Sometimes changes have to be forced. I'm hopeful Apple's decision not to allow Flash on their products will either force Adobe to clean up their product or force developers to move to alternatives.

What's your problem?

Sometimes changes have to be forced. I'm hopeful Apple's decision not to allow Flash on their products will either force Adobe to clean up their product or force developers to move to alternatives.

I have to say I find that really harsh. To begin with Adobe are CONSTANTLY updating their software, and you use the term 'clean up'. But why? What is so 'dirty' about Adobe Flash? As far as I've ever seen it's a clean program. Never had any problems for it. Apple products are very stylish and very durable. They look great. That much I can admit, but in comparison to price, being user friendly and doing what 90% of computer users need and want I'd have to say they're an extremely poor 2nd best. The iPAD is a ridiculous price. Someone referred to it as a glorified iPOD. But even that has no positives as the iPOD is a piece of cr*p. Syncing, for example. WTF?
I can buy an MP3 player HDD for a fraction of the price, with great quality sound, and a long lasting battery that holds more than the iPOD, and works by typical computer instructions such as copy and paste for a fraction of the iPOD price. No nonsense like syncing and especially when syncing to other computers whereby you lose anything that was on it and only sync now to whatever is on the latest computer. It's a heap of junk. Simple really. And the iPOD is just another example of Apples stubborness and laziness. The only miracle is that there are still people out there that get conned by this stuff!

What's your problem?

I have to say I find that really harsh. To begin with Adobe are CONSTANTLY updating their software, and you use the term 'clean up'. But why? What is so 'dirty' about Adobe Flash? As far as I've ever seen it's a clean program.

Flash has a long history of serious security vulnerabilities. The codebase is dire, non-portable, full of memory leaks and an unforgivable CPU hog. It's a pile of utter crap.

Would rather a Galxy Tab over apples effort any day, anything with Android install is onto a winner, just look at the customization of Android compared to apple, my cousin went from a Galxy S to an Iphone 4 and after 5 minutes regretted it cos thats how long it took him to be bored of it

Android = open source = free apps

Sponsored Links
Back