Irregular door size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2040mm x 712mm doors in my house, i am looking to get oak veneered doors but i am struggling to get one at this size, normal size is 60mm shorter. Has anyone got any ideas how to make my door frame about 60mm shorter without too much work and without making it look daft.

Sponsored Links
60mm wood strip inside the top of the frame and larger architrave?

Put house in photocopier and reduce?

No, no no... I got it: wash house in really hot water!!

I'm tired now. You choose! :LOL: :LOL:

Don't mind me. Long day! :rolleyes:

Thats a standard 2040x726 metric door that has has a bit shaved off the sides, should not be too hard to find, Magnet do oak veneered in this size.

Only problem will be the width of lipping on the sides, may not be thick enough to plane down.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that guys, i double checked the width and it is 726mm so i shall have a look in Magnet as i think it would not look right with a 2" chunk of wood at the top, i would need about a 4" achitrave.

another way to beat having a large architrave

6gbrfhj.jpg

Tomos,
I think it is basically too much work/cost to alter the plaster by 60mm to facilitate a smaller door, i think i need to continue to look for the correct size metric door.

Have you costed up having doors made? I am getting a front door made and it is costing about £250, it may be an option?

The Magnet ones are about half that price, if it were a non standard then having them made would be a worthwhile option but why bother when you can get them off the shelf.

Jason

Jason
According to their website they do not do a 2040mm x 726mm oak veneerred door. they do a pine door but not an oak style and preferrably in a 6 panel.

By Oak veneered I took it that you wanted a fush door not paneled.

I've fitted doors from J.B. Kind before, they are chipboard core with solid oak lippings and mouldings, cant see a 6 panel but they do a nice 2 panel in 2030x725 which should fit your openings.

http://www.jbkind.com/productdetails.asp?parent=50

Jason

Your getting a Front door made for £250 ! Where and to what spec ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back