Is Britool still good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Expert brand busted I think!

Its a label, the same logo on all, being used by various tool companies as a second cheaper line of tools compared to their own brand. There's a few Expert tool videos on YT for such as a Mac tools Expert promotion.

The origin of manufacture is anyone's guess.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Halfords pro range for me too.

Lifetime warranty if you do manage to break them , I know it doesn't include the ratchets but if you find the one member of staff who doesn't know that.....

I've always wondered who manufacturers the range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lube a ratchet by packing it out with light grease.

If its a flexi head, like a breaker bar, lube the hinge pin as well. If the pin's a screw dowel type take it out and grease the pin/peg to knuckle contact surfaces but leave the threads lube free and that'll help keep the pin tightened in. If the pin is a rivet type, apply enough oil to let run down into the pin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Halfords pro range for me too.

Lifetime warranty if you do manage to break them , I know it doesn't include the ratchets but if you find the one member of staff who doesn't know that.....

I've always wondered who manufacturers the range

It's easy to find a member of staff who doesnt know that in there because I have never and i really mean never met any staff member that knows anything in depth about their products the sello_O

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Halford tool brand well be one of the best but based on the local shop, the service leaves a lot to be considered for improvements.