Is China the main supplier of PPE equipment?

Trying to ignore China is like trying to ignore an Elephant in your living room.
China basically just produces stuff that used to be produced locally, only difference is that they do it a lot cheaper.
Trying to compete with China by becoming a low wage economy is self defeating.
The West still leads the world in innovation and quality, which is why Trump is complaining about the Chinese stealing American intellectual property and using it to manufacture cheap copies of American goods.
The only way to compete with the Chinese is with better ideas and quality products which people are prepared to pay more for.
Having said that, the Chinese seem to be getting the edge when it comes to 5 G and the like.

Sponsored Links
I don't know, but probably. I work for a company that buys a lot of medical devices from China. Most hand sanitiser on UK shelves is made in CHina.
Most stuff in general is made in China these days. This is why we've all got used to cheap prices for everything, and why people do not accept British manufactured prices.

Heard on the radio today that one company have already complained about paying £2.50 for face masks that used to cost 40p. Can you guess where the 40p masks come from?

Yep absolutely supply v demand n all that which is takin the p$$ they should be forced to sell at same prices just as everyone else has been forced to here, haha as if that's ever gonna happen i know.. Works out nicely for them whilst taking no responsibility for what happened first in their back yard.

Trying to ignore China is like trying to ignore an Elephant in your living room.
China basically just produces stuff that used to be produced locally, only difference is that they do it a lot cheaper.
Trying to compete with China by becoming a low wage economy is self defeating.
The West still leads the world in innovation and quality, which is why Trump is complaining about the Chinese stealing American intellectual property and using it to manufacture cheap copies of American goods.
The only way to compete with the Chinese is with better ideas and quality products which people are prepared to pay more for.
Having said that, the Chinese seem to be getting the edge when it comes to 5 G and the like.

You need to go into any major leading business school and see what they are teaching the MBA's and their research aims.

Sponsored Links
LVT Time. (y)

We have a renty economy so competing against China will not work. Those arguing we will just lead on research fail to see how many phd students are foreigners in the UK. On top just see how many research papers china produces. Our lead in research is being eroded.

LVT Time. (y)

We have a renty economy so competing against China will not work. Those arguing we will just lead on research fail to see how many phd students are foreigners in the UK. On top just see how many research papers china produces. Our lead in research is being eroded.
They've had enough time to vaccinate most of their country too it seems, how come they didn't infect any other part of China despite everyone moving around freely at least 2 weeks before lockdown. I researched this, the people are NOT restricted on flying or travelling within China only relocating moving education hospitals etc.

You sound like a dictator.
This is a Dicktator.

55FDC811-397A-4733-95C4-132F4C5477DE.jpeg

They've had enough time to vaccinate most of their country too it seems, how come they didn't infect any other part of China despite everyone moving around freely at least 2 weeks before lockdown. I researched this, the people are NOT restricted on flying or travelling within China only relocating moving education hospitals etc.

Vaccinate? There is no viable vaccination for covid-19 currently.

And your reliable source is? Either that or China is fiddling their stats.

What are you on about? Who has made a covid-19 vaccination?

The research papers are in leading peer reviewed journals. You truly are a numpty at times festy. Obviously you are not into doing much research. :mrgreen:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020...leading-scientific-publications-in-the-world/

The U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) has released data showing that 2,555,959 science and engineering (S&E) articles were published around the world in 2018, a considerable increase on the 1,755,850 recorded a decade ago. Global research output in that sector has grown around 4 percent annually over the past ten years and China's growth rate is notable as being twice the world average. While the U.S. led the way in 2008, it has now been displaced as the world's top S&E research publisher by China.

That's strange. I thought it was down to being in the EU.... Or so we've been told

Who told you that? Maybe for food, but not products made in China!
All about economies of scale. China makes billions of these PPE items and ships them out all over the world.
Turkey also makes cheap stuff and is much closer to the UK, and right next door to our existing supply routes from Europe, but many people fear Turkey more than China, so we'll keep shipping from China for the foreseeable future. And those shipments are still coming in, been delays, but they are coming.

What are you on about? Who has made a covid-19 vaccination?

The research papers are in leading peer reviewed journals. You truly are a numpty at times festy. Obviously you are not into doing much research. :mrgreen:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020...leading-scientific-publications-in-the-world/

The U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) has released data showing that 2,555,959 science and engineering (S&E) articles were published around the world in 2018, a considerable increase on the 1,755,850 recorded a decade ago. Global research output in that sector has grown around 4 percent annually over the past ten years and China's growth rate is notable as being twice the world average. While the U.S. led the way in 2008, it has now been displaced as the world's top S&E research publisher by China.

Hey play nicely now or ill spitfire this dummy at you :D

My point was more about how covid19 has been like 'water off a ducks back' in the majority of China i don't care how much 'official' research is being peer reviewed.. i don't trust the Chinese or the Russians or the Americans, you don't trust our own government (and neither do i)despite what they document officially so ;) what's the difference?

Hey play nicely now or ill spitfire this dummy at you :D

My point was more about how covid19 has been like 'water off a ducks back' in the majority of China i don't care how much 'official' research is being peer reviewed.. i don't trust the Chinese or the Russians or the Americans, you don't trust our own government (and neither do i)despite what they document officially so ;) what's the difference?

I am sceptical about China and their response. What I am not sceptical about is their ability to control the narrative - the Great Firewall! What I bloody want is an end to these wet markets and not for them to go underground.

These journals are the leading journals in the world - they are not some magazine in China - now unless you think there is a world conspiracy in science journals. :p

Sponsored Links
Back