Is terminal strip OK?

It is for adjusting how hard the crimper will squeeze the crimp before the handles spring back open AFAIK

Sponsored Links
but for pete`s sake use the chock block correctly
How would someone use a chock block incorrectly? Or did you mean as ricicle said, ie make sure cores are pushed in properly and not poking out, etc, earth cores sleeved and patress earthed?

Is there any requirement to provide mechanical mounting of the chock block within the patress?

very_pointy_ears said:
How would someone use a chock block incorrectly?
Not using it correctly would achieve the using it incorrectly.

For example (as with any termination) you must ensure that there's enough conductor under the screw to remain permanently fixed. Some blocks have small screws and large bores, so with some conductors you have to bend over the cores. An alternative is to make each exposed conductor long enough to be clamped by both screws.

Basically, you either know what you're doing, or you don't.

Sponsored Links
For example (as with any termination) you must ensure that there's enough conductor under the screw to remain permanently fixed. Some blocks have small screws and large bores, so with some conductors you have to bend over the cores. An alternative is to make each exposed conductor long enough to be clamped by both screws.
Ah cool, I've always done those things. If it's narrower (eg the CPC) then I usually double it over if it looks like it's not going to connect properly otherwise, and I always make sure it's long enough so that both conductors are tightened by both screws unless there's a good reason not to.

Thanks for clearing that up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back