Is this a bit dodgy from a car dealer?

To be honest I'm amazed by how many cars on auto trader, car gurus for example that don't have a full history or even any history at all. It makes finding a decent car a bit of a challenge.

I don't mind that, so long as they're honest about the description.

Sponsored Links
I don't mind that, so long as they're honest about the description.
Fair enough but a lot of people don't seem to have a lower price than a fsh one.
I think I'd only do it if the miles were quite low and I interned to sell it on fairly soon.

To be honest I'm amazed by how many cars on auto trader, car gurus for example that don't have a full history or even any history at all. It makes finding a decent car a bit of a challenge.
When we sold our FRV, I gave the buyer a folder stuffed with all the paperwork. From the original sales invoice to tyres, brakes, servicing, everything we ever did.

I worked out that, apart from rear droplinks, the suspension and shocks were all original, as were the wheel bearings and the exhaust system, although we did have bracket rewelded onto it. The engine only ever had an injector replaced and it had its alternator reconditioned. And the heater fan needed a new resistor doobry.

Not bad for nearly 14 years and 170-odd K.

Sponsored Links
As for the boys' car, it came with an appalling record.

But it was gifted to us and I didn't mind so much giving it a thorough service, including cambelt and water pump.

It had badly worn Landsail tyres, one of which (I still can't work this out) was the wrong size.

Back