Is this flashing acceptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. Yesterday the builder finished the roof on our extension. I was slightly concerned to see these gaps at the nose of each tile as the flashing steps down the pitch. Potential for water ingress with rain/wind and insect entry?? Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks.
0F2131D9-75AB-48EE-83ED-C8A7AC7C480F.jpeg
3ABD9201-EEB0-4BA4-A36F-44E926497835.jpeg

Sponsored Links
its wrong. each tile should have an individual soaker just like slates an plain tile an stepped cover flashin.
the flat is wide enough so doubt it will allowater to get under except if blown in sideways durin a storm say.
whats with the nib of tile sticking out from the hip tilein photo 1?

Sponsored Links
should have had a taller upstand on that low pitch. A taller upstand would have allowed for a better rake cut .. here they are vertical.
as already stated by another, soakers should be in place ..maybe they are?

No soakers fitted. Can they be retro fitted or will the whole lot need redoing ?

Thanks

i'd tell whoever did the work about what we've said just so they now, an then leave it as it is .
if leaks develop then call them back.

It may or may not leak. We normally accompany the cover flashing (yours is adequate) with a hidden soaker beneath the tile, when using non-profiled interlocking fellas. I've seen plenty like yours that show no signs of leaking.
We have also used these in the past.

Those gaps just need the lead tapping gently right on the corner edge, just to close that 'inviting' gap down. You won't flatten it close to the tile all the way along the length of the tile, but just at the leading edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back