Is this Nature's way

B

Bodd

The world could go into recession not much we can do about it if we all have to self isolate.

What positives can we make of the situation we are in.

Ps Where is Elle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think we'll see more video conferencing after the virus cull. People will get used to it as a way of working. Office presenteeism will be out of fashion.
There will be some bargain holidays.
The EU will have its hands full to take the p*** on Brexit.
Sadly for some, their burden on the NHS will be shorter.

However...
loads of shops, restaurants and small business will go under
people on low paid catering jobs etc will really suffer

people on low paid catering jobs etc will really suffer
So, same as a Tory government and brexit.

the rich will make hay, the poor will suffer

I wonder why brexit was bankrolled by the wealthy.....oh thats right, because the wealthy will benefit.

Because only the wealthy have money to bankroll anything(y)
Really Notch, did I really have to point this out to you? ;)
How Brexit Was Engineered by Foreign Billionaires to Bring About Economic Chaos – for Profit
let me expand that to multi millionaires and billionaires with vested interests and shady backgrounds like Aaron Banks (whose money came from Russia)

And many Tories have links to brexit think tanks which are just covers for Lobbyists -for example US businesses. The think tanks get then access to Tory cabinet ministers
Matt Hancock for example:

"After becoming an MP in 2010 Mr Hancock has received regular donations of between £2,000 and £4,000 from millionaire currency manager and Conservative Party donor Neil Record.
Mr Record heads the board of free market group the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA), a vocal critic of the current NHS model."

look at the most powerful man in Tory govt, Matthew Elliott -he has close ties to the Koch brother, CATO insitute etc etc

Cambridge Analytica, but also Robert Mercer, Steve Bannon, AggregateIQ, Leave.EU, Vote Leave, Nigel Farage, the DUP and big financial donors.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/how-b...bring-about-economic-chaos-for-profit/5614194

billionaires like George Soros helped fund the remain campaign -but there are no links for him back to Russian money, fossil fuel interests, Tobacco, US healthcare etc

'tis the way of the world. Always has been, always will be.
let me correct that for you:

"tis the way of the Tory party which get their funding from the wealthiest"

you have accelerated that by voting for the party that is driven by total self interest

What positives can we make of the situation we are in.

We currently don't know how this virus will evolve.
Worst case scenario, it remains deadly for a number of vulnerable groups, at current levels (I've seen 1 in seven dying, being quoted for older people with underlying health issues), and we can't / don't develop an effective vaccine.
Like seasonal flu, but with fins on.
The above being beyond our control.

We currently have no immunity to Coronavirus ; get exposed, get infected. Some will die. Thankfully, most groups will recover (and hopefully, develop immunity). Once immune, while you can still spread the virus, you can't catch it (obviously).
When enough people have been infected, survived, and developed immunity, the ability of the virus to rapidly spread is blunted (because there's very few people without immunity to spread it to). This is termed "herd immunity", and protects the vulnerable.

If this becomes the case, phased and controlled exposure to Coronavirus makes some sense. Total lockdown prevents herd immunity from developing, while doing nothing allows it to spread like wildfire, killing far more (because the health service would be overwhelmed).

That's my understanding of it anyway.

So, the silver lining? If the above comes to pass, we lose fewer of our loved ones, and are much more immune as a country when the next outbreak comes around.

Again, that's my understanding of it anyway.

Once immune, while you can still spread the virus, you can't catch it (obviously).

Is that true? I thought there has been cases of people getting re-infected? Also if you become Immune its because you have the antibodies to kill it, so how can you still be Infectious once you had killed it off?

Sponsored Links
Back