Is this Nature's way

Sponsored Links
I had it about 8 years ago. Wiped me out, my little girl had to stay with her nan as my side kick had it as well both got Conjunctivitis as well. She was going to be induced on the Friday for our 2nd but had to put it off.

We had to drag ourselves out to get medicine. My mate see us in Tesco. He thought we were an old couple impersonating Roy Obison

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had full blown flu and I actually felt that I could die. Bear in mind that I was a fit 20 something. It is the sickest and weakest I have ever felt in my entire life. Anyone else had real flu?

Me too.... when was about 20...... done me for ages

Me too, when I was about 18. Every single bone ached painfully, hurt to breathe, high temp and couldn't leave the bed. Really rotten, not looking forward to experiencing anything like it again, though sounds like we are all going to pretty much.

Sponsored Links
It's my parents and outlaws that I am concerned for.... :unsure:

I hope they manage to avoid it.

My dad in law is 90. Lives alone in London, looks after himself (for the most part), no home help or anything. We cannot get him to believe that getting this will see him off, and in a most unpleasant way and he still goes to tesco every day for newspaper etc. He won't let me get the paper delivered for a few weeks and to bring him the shopping, or move in with us for a while. I understand not wanting to stay in for a few weeks but... sigh.

We were at the tennis at the Albert Hall a couple of years ago when my nieces hubby started to feel ill, we dragged him across the park to the tube then decided to get a taxi to Brentwood £102, not too bad between four, he still refuses to get a flu jab though, me and the wife had it in late 80s over xmas, probably quite mild after reading some of your stories

He won't let me get the paper delivered for a few weeks and to bring him the shopping
While I appreciate staying away and having stuff delivered will reduce the risk, it's potentially possible for the virus to live on goods and to infect whoever touches those items.
I would consider that a 70% alcohol gel is a must.

I hope they manage to avoid it.

My dad in law is 90. Lives alone in London, looks after himself (for the most part), no home help or anything. We cannot get him to believe that getting this will see him off, and in a most unpleasant way and he still goes to tesco every day for newspaper etc. He won't let me get the paper delivered for a few weeks and to bring him the shopping, or move in with us for a while. I understand not wanting to stay in for a few weeks but... sigh.

Sounds like a great old fella that knows getting out is what keeps him alive.

While I appreciate staying away and having stuff delivered will reduce the risk, it's potentially possible for the virus to live on goods and to infect whoever touches those items.
I would consider that a 70% alcohol gel is a must.
Ha, that stuff is like rocking horse poo....

Sounds like a great old fella that knows getting out is what keeps him alive.
Yeah, he's a smashing chap. I'm very lucky with my inlaws :)

Had 'flu or something like it a couple of times, I'm not one for taking time off for a mere sniffle, but boy, you can't stand up without your body screaming get down now, or you're going down.

Also had gastroenteritis twice, crikey, you don't want that, you almost pray for the end.

Just wait till "man Corona" hits the streets - I think I've got the first case. Need to get it over and done with, we've got 3 holidays booked this year.

Tip from the weekend news; if your holiday is cancelled and you are offered a deal on postponing (one caller was offered 110% of the original holiday value, a second 125%), the correspondent advised them to refuse, and request their full refund.
The correspondent stated that, as we have no idea where all of this is going, your holiday company may not be around to honour their "generous" postponement offer.

Sponsored Links
Back