Is this Nature's way

Sponsored Links
I have had full blown flu and I actually felt that I could die. Bear in mind that I was a fit 20 something. It is the sickest and weakest I have ever felt in my entire life. Anyone else had real flu?

So, same as a Tory government and brexit.

the rich will make hay, the poor will suffer

I wonder why brexit was bankrolled by the wealthy.....oh thats right, because the wealthy will benefit.

5 posts in and notch's hogwash on brexit as usual pollutes another discussion.

Sponsored Links
Is 53yrs considered 'old'?

I would say no. Especially if you keep fit.
Was a guy on the news last night.
89 years old and still goes to the gym 3 times a week.
Had a triple by-pass and hip replacement.

I have had full blown flu and I actually felt that I could die. Bear in mind that I was a fit 20 something. It is the sickest and weakest I have ever felt in my entire life. Anyone else had real flu?

I think we confuse man flu / heavy cold with the proper stuff. Real flu will have you in bed for at least 3 days and regularly kills.

Real flu will have you in bed for at least 3 days.
The first 36 hours were the worst. I was delirious and hallucinating, whilst feeling nauseous and so weak that the thought of having to use the toilet was akin to climbing a small mountain. Horrendous virus.

EDIT TO ADD: Appetite goes out the window with Flu.

Yes, about seven years ago, over Christmas.
I physically couldn't roll over in bed for three days .

I've not but my wife says she had it when she was about 14. Just made it home from school, collapsed when she got in and didn’t move from the sofa for 3 weeks. She thought she was dying too. She gets annoyed when people 'have the flu' for a couple of days but can still go to work and eat etc. My mate and his wife started to come down with it when a load of us were away on holiday over the new year a few years ago. Again, just managed to drive home and they were both off work for a good few weeks afterwards. Strangely, out of 14 of us sharing a large house for a week, nobody else got it.

Last edited:
Is 53yrs considered 'old'? I do still contribute...I pay my way and all...got no debts...look after the sprogs... :unsure:
Apparently, you're not in the zone just yet. But put me down for the mixer, SDS and trestles just in case .... they'll be no good where you're going. :cautious:

Yeah I was 22 when I got it, never thought I'd see 23.

Just wait till "man Corona" hits the streets - I think I've got the first case. Need to get it over and done with, we've got 3 holidays booked this year.

Sponsored Links
Back