Isolation valve help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am trying to turn the water off under the bathroom sink with an isolation valve. My isolation valve seems to have 2 slots - which one is it - I don’t seem to be able to turn the small one but I’m sure the big one isn’t a valve anyway.. help!!
9DE594EA-DD66-490D-BFB0-26BD70345101.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Turn the right hand slot 90 degrees with an adjustable spanner....the plastic thumb turn has long gone.
John :)

Reactions: CBW
It doesn’t seem to budge maybe I need a bit more force?!!

Sponsored Links
Try a wide bladed screwdriver in the slot and use the adjustable spanner as a lever if necessary.
DO NOT undo the circular screw unless the water has been turned off.

Why the two separate earths? One earth linked across both pipes, (preferably without cutting and joining), is the usual way.

Thanks all an adjustable spanner and a bit more force than I was using sorted it. I was trying to unscrew the big one but decided it wasn’t that one… realise what it is now!! Sorry I don’t know about the earths??!

The earths are ok, just unusual to see two separate ones instead of one looped one.

There flow restriction valves probably 5 or 8 ltr a minute to enable easy compliance with water regulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back