Ive been Poisoned this week ....:(

M

Moz

and Im not Russian...!!!

I went to do a bit of shopping for the good lady on monday dinner, so I popped in a local Delicatessen (I normally go too the excellent Poku's)
anyway I went to this other place nearby I got a hot chicken club sandwich an I got the wife a cream cheese/salmon bagel
anyway I dropped some dry cleaning off at a mates shop an went home.

I ate my sandwich , it was a big belly buster ,as I was chomping through it my big fat pu ssycat was there so I bit some of the charcoal cooked chicken up an gave it her an she turned her nose up at it an wandered off ,
ALARM BELLS ...should of been ringing in my head then as she NEVER refuses chicken her fav ...
later on when the wife came in she didnt fancy her bagel an slung it out , by now I had started to get the tummy rumbles/growling ....

I just had a few rennies/tums........tbh I thought it might be because I aint had a drink for 4 days ,lol
I was lying down on the sofa that night still with cramps an bloated stomach ...anyway monday night I go to bed ......

Im up an out of bed running to the toilet at about 12 ...
making a right old mess as I go ... :(
I remained there til next morning wretching into the basin an the *world shooting out of my backside *......URRRRGH ......

as I sat there in horrendous pain , sweating an shaking uncontrollable , I wished just to die ..... seriously !
my wife was wonderful an kept mopping my brow an face with a wet cloth , an just caring for me .....as morning slowly came I was still there , totally weak an frail..by now I was passing blood both ends ... !!!! :(

she went to ring the Doctors an was put threw to the NHS Direct idiots , she soon got rid of them an was put through to our Doctors locum service who do outcall service they said they would said a Doctor as soon as poss ...
by now I JUST Needed to get off the that DAMN Toilet seat ....
she helped me up an I nearly fainted (I felt Pathetic an feeble )
we went into the bedroom ..
I was quite upset at the *mess* I had made trying to get to the toilet in time , :(
I sat on the bed as she got a pair of pants on me ...an wrapped my dressing gown around me ....I layed on my back knackered /shaking shivering an sweating ...

Some time later..... a few hrs the Dr came ,Polish fella (he was WONDERFUL !!,an spoke better english than my own gp )
he examined me an gave me an antibiotics injection to try stop the sickness ... he said he thought I was through the worse now an it sounded like gastro-enteraitis,
an if it was the sandwich /poultry it could be the campilobacter bug ...he took swaps of my diarrhoea an took a blood sample ,
he was going to send them too the hospital path lab for tests an then know more ...
He said if I start up vomiting an runs again the wife was to phone an ambulance an get me into A/E.....
I was so weak an weary I never saw him leave ...

I awoke late to see the wife on her hands an knees scrubbing the carpets/wall clean , I felt so wretched an dirty....pitiful really .....:(
I closed my eyes not to catch her ...I fell a sleep again ...
I awoke that tuesday night , my wife sat beside me on the bed , holding my hand ....
I could see she had been crying ..I told her I loved her an thankyou , :)

she hugged me ,she told me she new that an she loved her *poorly lil soldier *an held me close...
she then washed me down with a flannel an changed me an the bedding...
she just kept giving me sips of cold water from a tissue as the Doc said

that night I was not sick or had no runs ...thank God ...
I had a restless an weary night ,I ached all over an felt very fragile /tender...
next day the Doctor returned an gave me another injection , an he left some tablets an powdered sachets of re-hydration solutions..
he confirmed it was food poisoning an I told him croakily where I got this sandwich etc , he told me he would inform environmental health about it an get them to investigate it ..

All Day weds I lay in bed weary an pathetic ...

Thursday I felt ok to go down stairs just to get a change ...
I lay on the sofa as my Lovely wife Maria looked after me ....
all though she went to the shops for milk etc in the afternoon as I had been watching old Dr Who episodes (Jon Pertwee) since 7 am ..lol :) :)

today I have got dressed an feel a lil better , I still havent eaten since monday ,
I have been on these build up powder drinks an Pints of water ...

I have had the rare hangover vomiting now an again but this has really SHOCKED me how severe it was ...
I dont think I will ever trust buying food from shops again ........
I usually have a constitution of an ox, I have eaten from some right dodgy places in the past an No Probs ...
But I get stricken by a deli of all places ..lol (the utter shame ..lol )

I still feel weak an weary .....at least it has stopped me thinking about a beer ..lol

My wife has been outstanding an wonderful looking after me an nursing me ,:)
Above an bejond the call of duty/love ,
her stood next to me as I was vomiting into the basin her scupping the chunks out of the basin into the bathroom bin as the running water was going up to overflow the basin ..lol an cleaning me up ...thats True Love for you !! ;)

so Im sorry no picture review this week ...I bet they must be wondering where I am today ..lol
take care all an be careful what you eat this xmas ..! ...;)

Sponsored Links
OMG hunny, you poor thing!!!! I've had food poisoning once and remember honestly thinking I was gonna die, its horrid!!

You take care and feel better soon (then spoil the wife rotten for being so fab!) x

Moz, sorry to hear about your episode. I myself was a little off at the start of this week. Saturday evening i was at work, and had a pre-pack prawn sandwich while i had 5 mins (no breaks lol). That night I was fine. Woke up at 4am and threw up (made it to the bathroom unlike moz). Woke up at 6am and threw up. then at 8am i threw up again. Later, the diarrohea started and I was running like a tap all afternoon. My mum phoned NHS direct for advice, they just told me to drink lucozade to keep energy up. Sunday evening i felt terrible, and phoned in sick for monday for the first time in 3 years of employment. :( Monday I felt ok, but I needed the day off for a "recovery", I still wasn't pooing properly lol. :rolleyes:

I'm never eating a prawn sandwich ever again. Nor any meat or other fish sandwiches, i'll stick to the good old cheese ploughmans, thats never let me down!

And the factory that makes these sandwiches burnt down this week lol. Serves 'em right! :LOL: They said they could only deliver half our orders for the forseeable future, but why cant they delivery the other half as toast? :LOL: ;) :rolleyes:

Kelinik
thanks for the concern ...still very weak ...tbh if I had of died the wife would of got the £250K insurance money ...lol (some say shes better off without me as it is ,lol)
I certainly will treat her .....as she is My Lil Sunshine an I thank God waking up with her every morn ... truthfully ...:)

crafty...
I feel for you I really do .....:)
I hope youre feeling fit an well now ...
btw how expensive are those petrol jerry cans ....;)

Sponsored Links
We pay these locums £5K per week - that's a years wage where they come from. I guess we should be grateful to the Polish people that trained them so they could leave and make a fortune.

Moz stop being a fag. So you had a dodgy chicken butty and you got the shi ts. Get over it ya weedy pigeon!

Only teasing buddy, sounds a bit cra ppy - good job you're not working as such. Take care and don't worry - you'll be back on the Stella before long. Ooops, that's normally a good thing to say. ;)

joe-90
tbh he was more professional an outstanding than my GP Ghupti ......bless his Polish soul :)

lol @ gcol...lol...lol..lol :) :)
cheers ;)

But not worth 5K per week. The Polish people trained him - he should be looking after the Polish people.

crafty1289 said:
Moz, sorry to hear about your episode. I myself was a little off at the start of this week. Saturday evening i was at work, and had a pre-pack prawn sandwich while i had 5 mins (no breaks lol).

Serves you right eating Coop food..... :LOL:

It reminds me of what my Dad said once while I was on holiday with him in Kuching, where he was posted for teaching...

If you have to eat, but don't trust the food, stick to veggies.

Please don't mention prawns - I was very ill off 2 prawn sandwiches bought from a vending machine years back.

prawns ........lol

I never trusted them in prepacked sardies ....even M/S ones ..lol

Sponsored Links
Back