JOB INTERVIEW QUESTION FOR BOILER COMPANY

Sponsored Links
tommyapps said:
hiya ppl, im new to the gas industry and having a job interview tomorrow, the agency that got me the interview said they tend to give you some written questions.... the questions im stuck on is WHAT ARE THE 3 PRELIMINARY CHECKS TO CARRY OUT WHEN FAULT FINDING A BOILER?? and the other question is CAN YOU USE A LOW WATER CONTENT BOILER ON A GRAVITY SYSTEM?? i would very much appreciate some help please!! thank u, tommy

A low water content boiler would be a combi system boiler so i would say yes.

and the others would be burner pressure, flue unobstructed, water flow rates.

Is this a wind up?

If you can't answer these basic questions already what are you doing going for a job with a boiler company :eek:

Sponsored Links
And your deluded tommy if you think you are going to keep a job when you dont know thew basics

Earth continuity check.
Live to neutral short cicuit check.
Live to earth short circuit check.
Polarity check.

tommyapps said:
thanks gas4u your very helpful!! there was one major word i missed out bob on the 3 checks- ELECTRICAL! 3 electrical checks when fault finding.. cheers for the other answer

earth conti, short circuit check, polarity check.

corgiman, i will accept ur criticism and will thank you very much for your answers! i have just left the army after 6 years and wanted to get into the gas industry, but didnt have the time/money to use up so i decided to do the "fast track" course to get the acs qualification. i have that now and just looking for a opportunity from a company

I'd be more tempted to say positive isolation, polarity, short circuit as my first three electrical checks, but what are they asking for? do they mean
1.electrical checks
2. manual reset
3 gas / water supply present

corgiman said:
Well Good luck with that

I second that ;) But god you're going to have a very steep learning curve. ACS is one thing, fault finding and boiler repair is hardly anything that is covered on the ACS course.

I hope you were in electronics or the like in the army :eek:

Undercover mate

So did you get throught the BG day test then mate?

Sorry for hijacking the thread :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back