Job or work experience for newly qualified female plumber???

Sponsored Links
i dont know about were u r but we have loads of agencies up here .. they are always good for a bit of experience .. cos it is a different job every day .. and if it dont work out u just go somewere else .. :)

Help! I need a job pronto!!

The boyf (who has been supporting me for the last 5 months) is saying we cant afford the mortgage and I have to get a job fast - I dont want to go back to filing!!!!!

Please help someone? I dont think they are any trades agencies round here :cry:

I have found the following for you

http://www.servowarm.co.uk/careers.asp

Not a bad company I did used to work for em years ago, when they didnt even have ballvalves in the f&e tank.

http://www.homeserve.com/careers/vacancies/view?id=152&location=all&category=12

Same company

Sorry But I cannot find whether they need someone in your area, I did a search at BG with the county council's post code and they are not looking in your area

Come on there must be some boyos who need someone of this ladies qualifications

I know My company does but Surrey is a hell of a commute :)

I hope this helps

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
Come on there must be some boyos who need someone of this ladies qualifications

I know My company does but Surrey is a hell of a commute :)

Hey Corgiman. Thanks for the links! I have already applied to Homeserve and got a letter 2 days ago saying they had received my application but not that hopeful as I have been let down so many times in the past - even by companies who have offered me jobs then never followed through. The other one are looking for people with level 2 already :(

I reiterate I am open to all offers at the moment - even if I have to rent a room for a while! (Can you email me please? see first post)

I really cant go back to temp jobs - or I'll never be employed in the plumbing industry! My CV is already a mess and to even get a temporary job I'd have to lie about the last 6 months as all the temp jobs expect you to want to go perm at the end!

By the way where did all this grandma dying talk come from??? looks like a hijack!

++++++++++++
Moderator's note:
I have removed some off-topic and squabbling posts.

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++

plumbunny said:
The boyf (who has been supporting me for the last 5 months) is saying we cant afford the mortgage and I have to get a job fast - I dont want to go back to filing!!!!!

I am sorry to say that I think that you have got locked into a situation which is not condusive to starting a new career.

You are in a small place where the training you need is unlikly to be available. Even if you were fully experienced its less likely you would find a local job that easily.

You need to move to a large city, Manch, London etc. but that would mean abandoning the BF and the morgaged house.

Even moving to a bedsitter will cost you £90 with food costs and then there is petrol to go back to the BF every week. As you are unlikely to get paid employent then thats out of the question.

I could potentially offer someone unpaid work experience AND give them a free bed but we do boiler repairs and you need basic general plumbing so thats not much use to you. In any case now you have mentioned the BF and house you probably dont want to go so far away.

Tony

just found this in out local paper might be something in it for u . say experienced or qualified personel wanted .. contact tony gee on 01270 509288
hemway consultancies ltd crewe/cheshire

i think u said u lived over there somewere . :) hope it helps .

2face said:
just found this in out local paper might be something in it for u . say experienced or qualified personel wanted .. contact tony gee on 01270 509288
hemway consultancies ltd crewe/cheshire

i think u said u lived over there somewere . :) hope it helps .

Thanks - does it say plumbing? They are an electrical engineering company. Need to make sure before I call and make an a**e of myself!!!

There is a company very close to you called PH. Jones. Phone them & tell them of your situation. They always take on Newbies, you will be mostly servicing in the Social Housing Sector. The money sucks but the experience is invaluable. You will work on domestic appliances that have never been seen since Noah walked the Earth. Get your experience & bail out. Everyone`s a winner ;)

I am editing this because I have just realised that you are a newly qualified plumber & not a gas fitter. Do the above in five years time. ;)

Bamber gaspipe said:
I am editing this because I have just realised that you are a newly qualified plumber & not a gas fitter. Do the above in five years time. ;)

Nice thought though thanks! I wish I had done gas as well now. There are soooo many more jobs out there if you have gas quals. oh well. Seen a few jobs today on jobsite and fish4 so all is not lost. Just hope I get something quick before I'm forced to sell my body or worse join a medical trial! I have already started online gambling!!! (Its ok only playing with the free bonus!)

I wouldn`t despair too much. There is definitely a market for female plumbers/gas fitters out there it`s a case of being realistic. When I trained to be a gas fitter after years of being a plumber there was a young lady on my course who would not do anything because it might have broken her nails. If you can heave a 65 kilogramme boiler up 3 flights of stairs, rip up floorboards, climb on a roof on a set of Cat ladders & throw down a flue liner then you will do for me, it`s not an easy option for a bloke never mind a woman, so don`t be drawn in by the glamorous advertising that predicts 60k plus per year. It`s not realistic. But you`re more than welcome to climb on my chimney ..oo-er Matron!.. Good Luck anyways. ;) ;)

good luck bunny .. and if you do go down the road of selling ur body .. i think i have some change in the van ... :)

Bamber gaspipe said:
But you`re more than welcome to climb on my chimney ..oo-er Matron!.. Good Luck anyways. ;) ;)

:LOL: and I thought I'd heard all the plumbing related sexual inuendos! Guess there's still hundreds out there... good idea for another thread!

Thanks everyone for the support. Oh and the online gambling has now stopped after my system failed! :eek: Made the grand total of £39 in the end so its paid for me and bf to eat for another week!

Sponsored Links
Back