Job or work experience for newly qualified female plumber???

The Army is an ideal career for people who like being shouted at.

Sponsored Links
Yes in your basic training you have to put up with it.But after that you start learning your trade.

Agile, No I dont think plumbers are on that much! Other people on my course have found employers - one is on 18K with a van - but I'd be happy to get anything right now!! :eek:

Oh and I can be left to get on with work, just need someone there for guidance. I am not completely new to practical work as a lot of my course was practical and have plumbed a bathroom & airing cupboard. During my time off I am doing up my bedroom (plastering, moving radiator etc) and putting an ensuite in (slowly cos of lack of money!) - have got as far as putting the stud wall up! :rolleyes:

Rommy, thanks for that advice...I hadn't considered that as an option but I will definitely look into it now! :)

kevplumb said:
if yerve got the brass ive got the time (summat wrong there )
Let's get together, oover a glass of Newkie Brown. ;)
La-la-la-la-la, la-la, la-la-la, la-laa-aaa.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
The Army is an ideal career for people who like being shouted at.
Dont think the Army is for me!!! dont fancy the physical aspect, or being shouted at/ordered around.

Maybe Navy is better option...

shame u aint in surrey

my guv would bite your arm off

and after that probably give you a job etc

;)

Hi plumbunny,just looked at the navy career site.If you have a degree you
can train as an engineering officer which envolves plumbing.Looking after the boilers,heating systems,water filtering systems.It says you could get £12000 hello.

Plumbunny why not do work for people you know for free. Stuff like moving radiators, checking the system out, flushing it out and re-filling, altering the time switches (most people don't know how to do this surprisingly) checking valves are working, balancing the system, adding outside taps etc.etc.

All you need to do is get them to pay for the goods and tell someone else about you, 1 person tells 2 people, 2 people tell 4 people, 4 people tell.............you get the idea, soon you will be so busy that you wont have the time to do your own en-suite :confused:

Daz66 said:
Plumbunny why not do work for people you know for free.
I strongly urge you not to work for free. Even if you're a bit slow your time is worth a lot more than zero.

Value yourself, put a price on your time, and charge what you should. You'll get faster, and better, and you can put your rate up later.

Joining pipes etc is the easy bit. It's understanding how to get your pipes from A to B without making a pigs ear of it that's the hard bit. You can't go charging people good money if you are going to damage their property.

That's where you're going wrong. I always go from B to C - it's much easier.

Sponsored Links
Back