Job or work experience for newly qualified female plumber???

I'm here at last!

Couldn't get a photo of the OP :cry:

Did find her tool kit though :D

sissytool2.jpg

I'm only kidding

Sponsored Links
Start your own business and call yourself "The wench with a wrench".

Or "Hannah with a spanner". Or "Ball-cock Betty".

Sponsored Links
plumbunny

I'm with Joe 90 (never thought I'd ever say that!!) start your own business, get your tools, a van and some insurance and off you go. Everyone one you want to work for stared off like this, just go for it... :D

joe-90 said:
Start your own business and call yourself "The wench with a wrench".

Or "Hannah with a spanner". Or "Ball-cock Betty".

watch it buster!!! :evil:

Daz66 said:
plumbunny

I'm with Joe 90 (never thought I'd ever say that!!) start your own business, get your tools, a van and some insurance and off you go. Everyone one you want to work for stared off like this, just go for it... :D

Hi Daz66. That was my plan originally but I really lack confidence because I havent got the experience. I dont want to ruin my reputation before I've begun!!:eek:

My course finished at christmas so its been a while and with every passing week I feel like I'm forgetting more!!! :oops: Plus its so expensive to set up!

I'm really not ready to go solo - the only way I would is if I found an experienced plumber to employ - and then I can learn from him/her. Not sure how many would want to be employed by a rookie though!!!! :LOL:

Hello Plumbunny,

Have you looked on the jobcentreplus site ??, its a long shot but there are many jobs there that may help you get started. Working for someone else for a bit will give you the chance to get hands on experience, and you will prob get your own little private jobs after a while to start you off.
Best of Luck.
Ed.

check the local councils .. they have there own i house training .. also they a policy of not being sexist ..

it is a sorry truth that it is a mans world in the plumbing industry . as you can see by a lot of the replies u have had .. :)

stick to ur guns and you will have a good life ahead of you,

btw i have only ever worked with 1 girl plumber and she was as good if not better than most of the lads ..

also try the gas board they take on all areas of plumbing/gas from servicing to instalation to breakdowns.

good luck it will be an up hill struggle but i admire that and it will gain you repect when you succeed .. :)

1 top though being attractive might hinder as i am very handsome and it is a heavy cross to bear .. :)

2face said:
1 top though being attractive might hinder as i am very handsome and it is a heavy cross to bear .. :)

Lol!

I've tried councils and housing associations. Almost got a job with my local HA but last minute said they havent got enough in the budget to employ me! :evil:

Had an offer of a trial period with one firm but not heard anything for weeks and now it looks like they are shut down!.....not having much luck with jobcentre either as most people want experience :mad:

Its been a few months now....really regretting not signing on![/quote]

The plain fact is that you dont have the experience and virtually all paid jobs need experience.

It is very time consuming supervising anyone who cannot be left to get on with something on their own.

The only way I see is for you either to be taken on by a large firm which does heating installations but you will not get a wide experience or to find someone to go with on an unpaid basis.

Chester is a small place and if none of the few plumbers there can help your only alternative is to go to a larger place like Liverpool, Manchester or London.

We have not mentioned wages. I hope you dont believe that plumbers earn £75k p.a.

Tony

Hi plumbbunny,why not try the Arm services.Go in as a trades woman.
I think the Navy would be good.See the world,learn your trade on their ships.Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
Back