Just Got A CCTV System Not Sure About The Quality?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Annke 1080p POE 4 camera system from eBay/Amazon. Just set it up to test and it seems very primitive despite it being a newer model?

The software is very primitive looking - like something from 10 years ago. The camera quality looks over-sharpened and there is no setting to turn the sharpness down. Lots of jaggies on the text.

The NVR also makes a humming noise as well as fan noise which is really annoying.

rjS3WLl.jpg

JrppIla.jpg

ULSn4n7.jpg

I shied away from the Arlo/Blink wireless systems because of the 720p and assumed these would be better but it doesn't look like they are.

What do you guys think? Should I send it back and get something else? I'm assuming all the Annke/Sannce system are the same quality.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Send it back ...buy cheap ....buy twice ...Recomend hik vision for the budget end cctv

It wasn't cheap though.

Hikvision NVR review:

"Good features but unfortunately far too noisy (loud fan on side) to be in the house. Will revert to storing video on the Hikvision camera internal SD card instead. Shame."

Looks like they have the same problem with noise.

OK I found out NVR display resolution wasn't at 1080p so I increased it and now get this:

W9BtazI.jpg

Is this considered good quality for CCTV?

Bear in mind I paid £288 for this system without an hard drive.

Sponsored Links
resolution is not so straight forward as 720 or 1080.

for example, if your 720 covers a width of 1m wide and the 1080 covers 2m wide, the 720 has a higher pixel density, 720 pixels a meter instead of 540 pixels a meter, both more than adequate for id which has recommendation of 250 pixels a meter in a non busy picture to 500 in a busy picture.

night vision is where many cameras fall down especially in poor light areas.

Yeah I tried the night vision yesterday and it looks good inside but outside is meh.

The LEDs were glowing red as well which I thought was weird since the whole point of night vision is to see but not be seen at night?

Looking at youtube footage clips it seems only the 3mp - 4mp cameras produce actual good quality recordings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back