Keir cleared (beergate)

Imo no PM or government ( in my memory life) irrespective of what party has ever set out to makes people’s lives a misery or cause harm

The fact that there policies may end up doing so is another thing
But it was never there deliberate intent

The big policy decision coming up
Is imo Scottish independance

They believe that they will be better off ( I disagree) but that is what the SNP truly believe imo

It is in likely that Labour can get a majority in a general election ? So
There will almost certainly have to be some type of deal / coalition
If the SNP are involved they will extract a price ( referendum ?)

There fore voting Labour May well see the break up ir hasten the break up of the UK ???

May be ????

Sponsored Links
But not a liar.
That touches on what bothered many Tory in the end. The fact that an enquiry would come to the conclusion that Boris did mislead the house. It may have cast the net even wider for all we know.

The summer recess is coming. When that ends the same old things will continue. Enquires take a while and may well be televised more due to the subject so what to do - get it over with and change leader.

LOL Some think he might put himself forward in the leadership election - a teflon man approach. Seems he will be prevented from instigating anything significant while he is still in power.

There fore voting Labour May well see the break up ir hasten the break up of the UK ???

May be ????
Well voting for Labour (under A.Blair) has started the break up the UK. I'm pretty certain that someone else will get the blame but if A.Blair hadn't pandered to the separatists want with their separate governments it wouldn't happen.
It also brought about the UK leaving the EU. I certain that had A.Blair implemented the migration restrictions that the other 20 countries of the 'old' EU implemented (and allowed to under the rules) this country would not have seen the massive surge of immigration that put up the backs of daily wail & excess readers who then demanded the referendum that D.Cameron set up.

As for BoJo - He has made many gaffs and done some good things, but also many bad things. Will his legacy linger as a bad memory for long time? I don't know.

Well voting for Labour (under A.Blair) has started the break up the UK. I'm pretty certain that someone else will get the blame but if A.Blair hadn't pandered to the separatists want with their separate governments it wouldn't happen

Peace would not have been achieved without compromise.

Interesting how you don’t credit the GFA for lasting peace it achieved.

Brexit and nothing but Brexit is the reason for breaking up the United Kingdom.

It has put a customs border between GB and NI - that’s a de facto break up

Sponsored Links
I certain that had A.Blair implemented the migration restrictions that the other 20 countries of the 'old' EU
Wrong again. All increased deportation targets just as Blair did. Miss information as usual.

Wrong again. All increased deportation targets just as Blair did. Miss information as usual.

He's not wrong, he's referring to Blair opening the UK door to Eastern Europe whilst most other EU countries opted for a 7 year delay.

Another factor
Some 414 MPs voted for the war in Iraq on 18 March 2003 including most of the Labour and Tory benches. Despite three general elections and several deaths and resignations, 139 of them are still serving in parliament—66 Labour and 69 Tory.
He's not wrong, he's referring to Blair opening the UK door to Eastern Europe whilst most other EU countries opted for a 7 year delay.
Free movement of persons has brought important benefits to the European Union—promoting economic growth, allowing for better matching of labour demand and supply, enhancing individual opportunities, and nurturing a sense of community. Beneath the surface, however, a major imbalance casts some doubts over the regime’s long-term sustainability. In the years following eastern EU enlargement—in particular, the two major rounds of 2004 and 2007, which led to the accession of 12 new countries[1]—millions of citizens of new eastern Member States[2] took advantage of EU free movement and left their countries to seek better employment opportunities and higher wages in western Europe. In the four years after EU enlargement (2004-2007), for example, Poland and Slovakia lost about 2 per cent of their working-age population to other EU Member States, and Lithuania as much as 3.1 per cent.[3] Even after these countries’ economies started improving and some destination countries in the ‘old’ EU-15—such as Ireland and Italy—were confronted with economic crisis and soaring unemployment, big waves of returns failed to materialise.[4]

We've closed it (Brexit) since. Now look at us. :(

Good ole Tony.

The country is struggling. The country is desperate for more labour. Any labour. Instead we get record numbers of migrants washing ashore. Very poor trade off.
If anyone worthwhile applies for a visa they will get it. On the other hand given the current escalation of prices would they want to come?
An ONS page I looked at suggests that they may expect to catch some overseas students that come here to study. It showed a route to citizenship. Or maybe they will just go home after qualifying or just stay for a while. I worked with some one who stayed for several years but prospects were better where he came from. Then seasonal workers

You can apply for a Seasonal Worker visa to come to the UK to work in horticulture for up to 6 months - for example, picking fruit and vegetables or flowers.
You can no longer apply to do poultry work, ‘pork butchery’ or to drive a heavy goods vehicle to transport food.
You’ll need to:

The eligibility link is interesting. Some people tried picking during lockdown and found they physically couldn't crawl around all day. Butchery and HGV drivers don't have to do that. It seems visa carriers can drive HGV's carrying none food items. I'd say food carrying could often be a more attractive job to some HGV drivers. For instance supermarket HGV delivery drivers have a much easier life than in some other areas.

Your right though - things appear to have left a mess with what could be seen as strange solutions. Why the exclusions for instance - probably to add a few jobs for "citizens". Doesn't sound like a great gain to me.

Last edited:
So, now the party nonesense is over, and BoJo is departing, when are we going to see an investigation into his potentially treasonous behaviour with the Lebedevs, both senior and junior? And would those who want the death penalty reinstated also like to see its' reintroduction for high treason?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, now the party nonesense is over, and BoJo is departing, when are we going to see an investigation into his potentially treasonous behaviour with the Lebedevs, both senior and junior? And would ythose who want the death penalty reinstated also.like to see its' reintroduction for high treason?
No doubt Boris and his acolytes have committed gross treasonous acts against the UK. Trans would have him hung without so much as a blink.

I find it interesting that the Daily Fascist (aka the Mail) could spend so much time in "Beergate", but have conveniently ignored what might be high treason by a government minister. But then, he is a Tory

No doubt Boris and his acolytes have committed gross treasonous acts against the UK. Trans would have him hung without so much as a blink.

Er no I don’t think I would tbh

Not over a party and a few alleged porkie pies

Blimey some in the UK consider that one of our former PMs is some type of war criminal ? Responsible for the deaths of thousands ???

Not that I agree ?

But it might assist you with perspective ?

Although I doubt it :giggle:

As said thick as mince :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back