kiddie killers

that's interesting

looking at the black line (total) in fig. 1, page 7, I see the line shows a gradual increase from 1954.

Looking at the graph, can you see a sudden increase in rate which might be attributed to death penalty? I can't.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/articles/hsq/HSQ3Homicide.pdf

I was amused to see (pace SylvanTieger) on page 12, that the vastly higher homicide rate in the US is almost entirely explained by firearms deaths, compared to, say, Scotland where other rates of murder are about the same.

Sponsored Links
John, Its shown on page 15 of the document I linked to clearly the figures have increased and doubled since 1965 see table top of the page.

There was also a doubling between 1943(ish) and 1953(ish). How is that explained?

John, Its shown on page 15 of the document I linked to clearly the figures have increased and doubled since 1965 see table top of the page.

and are you drawing the inference that this is caused by removal of death penalty?

If I look at the increase between 1955 and 1965, and compare it to the increase between 1965 and 1975, I don't see a difference.

Do you?

I'm very pleased to see a flattening-off between 1986 and 1996, I'm sure you agree with me on that.

Sponsored Links
It isn't specified how olld the killers were. If they were minors, the death penalty would not have been applied anyway. If today is anything to go by, there is a large proportion of teenage killers around, was it the case in the 1960s?

that's great! :D

So abolition of capital punishment had no effect.

like all stats read into them what you want, to me the sharp rise to double figures coincided with the abolition, thats not to say that murderers werent just having a rest before then.

Your conclusion that the increased killings were a result of the abolition of capital punishment qualifies you well to join the others who mislead people with unjustified statistics, in the present government. :rolleyes:

Your conclusion that the increased killings were a result of the abolition of capital punishment qualifies you well to join the others who mislead people with unjustified statistics, in the present government. :rolleyes:
I didnt say they were a result, you are assuming just like those that do in the opposition parties :rolleyes:

the figures have risen simple as that read into it what you will, obviously tory bunnies will find some argument to contradict the figures shame really not their fault, blame the parents i say. :LOL: :rolleyes:

Typical, you give a distinct view in response to
JohnD said:
Have you evidence to support that claim. or is it just an opinion?

This link to a document shows that since 1965 when the death penalty was abolished that indeed there has been an increase in homicides since then.

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/rp99/rp99-111.pdf

Section VI page 15 in pdf

A good document for other statistics that come up in topics on the forum.

then you start wriggling when you're confronted. Perhaps you should try being clear and direct, and do away with the weasel approach.

Oilman, you really are a silly so and so arent you calm down dear its only a forum :rolleyes:

I accept that I have been direct about you, but unlike you, I don't resort to name calling.

I accept that I have been direct about you, but unlike you, I don't resort to name calling.
whose name calling?
trouble with you oilman is you get so easily wound up by people on here and then look foolish, it doesnt take me or anyone else to call you names.

like i said before calm down, take a chill pill and when you can think rationally then please continue in this debate, the figures say it all it doesnt need you to try to make a political debate out of it.

JohnD wrote

Have you evidence to support that claim. or is it just an opinion?

Yet another liberal who when presented with the figures in black and white, then cannot accept them.
Typical.

Sponsored Links
Back