kiddie killers

'Never believe every thing you read in the news papers' so they say, sometimes they get it right sometimes they get it wrong. The hard part is deciding what is fact and what is fiction, in the Jersey case i think they have got it right.
As for punishment, even if you don't believe in sharia law, take a look at the christian bible i believe it says 'any man who would harm a child should have a mill stone placed around his neck and cast into the deepest part of the ocean' that would be a proportionate response to the crime of child abuse.

Sponsored Links
the punishment should be non-cruel but harsh. I think death would be suitable in most cases... the only problem for me is proof.

these people need to know that they will die if they commit such an offence....if that's not enough of a deterrant, then they don't deserve to live in this society.

these people need to know that they will die if they commit such an offence....if that's not enough of a deterrant, then they don't deserve to live in this society.
If the death penalty is such a good deterrent, then how come so many people were, and continue to be, sentenced to death?

certainty of being caught is the best deterrent

Sponsored Links
certainty of being caught is the best deterrent
It certainly ought to discourage users of the London underground from possessing curly hair, a dark complexion and a backpack containing some sandwiches.

It certainly ought to discourage users of the London underground from possessing curly hair, a dark complexion and a backpack containing some sandwiches.

Or even not having curly hair, or a dark complexion, but merely buying a newspaper before boarding a train and sitting quietly. Now that IS a capital offence, and you can have an on-the-spot sentence.

the punishment should be non-cruel but harsh. I think death would be suitable in most cases... the only problem for me is proof.

If the death sentence were to be brought in then that would lead to a bigger problem on top of an already big problem....prison overcrowding. How many people are living in us jails that have been sentenced to death ? the exact same thing would inevitably happen over here. If they are sentenced to death then evidence has to be 110% non indesputable and death should be within 24 hrs of conviction or else the uk will just become one big prison.

Perhaps we should start a campaign...turn the isle of white into a prison island fill it with the low life that we pay for in our taxes along with all the illegal immigrants. :evil:

Perhaps we should start a campaign...turn the isle of white into a prison island fill it with the low life that we pay for in our taxes along with all the immigrants. :evil:

Why put all the MPs on the Isle of Wight? They'd probably be quite keen on the idea.

thompsk";p="847443 said:
Perhaps we should start a campaign...turn the isle of white into a prison island fill it with the low life that we pay for in our taxes along with all the immigrants. :evil:

what have immigrants got to do with it? We are all EU citizens now. Borders no longer count. We are in a whole new game - and you'd better get used to it.

joe-90";p="847478 said:

what have immigrants got to do with it? We are all EU citizens now. Borders no longer count. We are in a whole new game - and you'd better get used to it.

EDITED to illegal immigrants

Well done, yet another topic turned into a race discussion/argument.

thompsk";p="847482 said:

EDITED to illegal immigrants

Bit late eh?

If the death sentence were to be brought in then that would lead to a bigger problem on top of an already big problem....prison overcrowding. How many people are living in us jails that have been sentenced to death ? the exact same thing would inevitably happen over here. If they are sentenced to death then evidence has to be 110% non indesputable and death should be within 24 hrs of conviction or else the uk will just become one big prison.

Perhaps we should start a campaign...turn the isle of white into a prison island fill it with the low life that we pay for in our taxes along with all the illegal immigrants. :evil:
When the death penalty was in force in th e UK the murder rate was far lower than to-day, when it was abolished the murder rate soared.

When the death penalty was in force in th e UK the murder rate was far lower than to-day, when it was abolished the murder rate soared.
Have you evidence to support that claim. or is it just an opinion?

Sponsored Links
Back