KILLER MOTORING CONVICTIONS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a joke 15 months for killing another motorist , through dangerous driving, these judges should be kicked out of office.

Sponsored Links
BOB D.O.L.E said:
What a joke 15 months for killing another motorist , through dangerous driving, these judges should be kicked out of office.

Perhaps you should read the story correctly before posting Bob.

The Sun said:
Paul — who was just 5ft 1in — set out on his pushbike to bravely confront a 14-year-old he suspected had caused the damage.

He took hold of the youth in a headlock and six-footer Chambers, then 17, waded in.

Prosecutor Martin Kelly said Chambers floored Paul with a single punch and he hit his head on the pavement with “a hollow noise”. Chambers shouted: “Get up and have some more. Get up you pussy.”

But businessman Paul suffered massive brain damage and fell into a coma.

Now I am not defending the Judge or the Youth, but this Guy attacked a 14 year old who he only suspected of breaking a car window. He had the lad in a head lock and therefore would have been liable to an assault charge had the Police been involved. What this Chambers kid did was wrong, he should not have interviened, but it seems obvious that whilst he meant to cause him harm, by punching him, I think to call him names as the Sun do is ridiculous as the death was obviously unintentional. The Sun have not reported the Lads reaction to killing this Guy, who knows he could be cold and not give a damn, but equally it could be tearing him apart. This was not murder, at worst it is legally manslaughter and I am sure that it could even be involuntary manslaughter due to the circumstances, but as I am not a lawyer or solicitor I would not like to venture how they would distinguish the difference in this case.

Sponsored Links
Stulz said:
What this Chambers kid did was wrong, he should not have interviened,

If the police responded (or were able to respond) to incidents of anti-social behaviour in a timely manner rather than spending hours filling out paperwork and arrest statements then he wouldn't have had to intervene.

Your right of course Boxbasher. I personally think the sentence was a little low based on what I have heard and seen reported. The real problem is that we do not know what has been presented in court. The press are painting the Guy who died as a saint and local hero, but lets not loose the fact that he was an adult that attacked a child.

Of course the Police should have done their Job, and the kid should not have broke the care window (if in fact he did), but that is not an excuse for a grow man to attack a child, as adults we should be above such provocations regardless of the temptation of "meeter out justice".

To be honest I think Stulz has raised a valid point over how the lad has reacted to this, he has to live with the fact he killed someone, it may not bother him now, but it may in the future and that guilt has to be worse than anything society can do to him. Lets remember that this was not murder, he never set out to harm or kill anyone. It was an avoidable situation and as you rightly say, if the Police had done the job they are tasked with, then it could have been avoided.

But at the end of the day we can only comment from outside the truth.

No wonder we have a yob culture with attitudes like those above.

Any group of youths should be arrested as part of yob culture. Their parents should be fined £1000 for allowing them to congregate in gangs.

That's a bit harsh joe. Yobs should be allowed to congregate for up to 15 seconds before they're arrested. :D

joe-90 said:
No wonder we have a yob culture with attitudes like those above.

Any group of youths should be arrested as part of yob culture. Their parents should be fined £1000 for allowing them to congregate in gangs.

I assume from that you want to foget about law and justice and simply allow the accused to rot without a fair trial... Joe, the Police have failed to do their job and as such they have a level of responsibility here..but as we all only have a limited number of the facts it is not easy to make a clear call on this.

Stulz said:
I assume from that you want to foget about law and justice and simply allow the accused to rot without a fair trial.
That's a stupid assumption, and given that all assumptions are stupid, that's saying a lot.

the Police have failed to do their job and as such they have a level of responsibility here.
Which part of their job have they failed to do? Bringing up children to be decent citizens?

This is what I referred to earlier as far-fetched.

but as we all only have a limited number of the facts it is not easy to make a clear call on this.
Hmm.

Softus, if, as reported, the Police failed to take action to prevent a Yob culture in the streets around where this happened, then they obviously have a level of responsibility. I fully understand that they have operational procedures to comply with and cannot simply go around harrassing youths for the sake of others, but they could have ensured that foot or mobile patrols were visible in the area to reduce the problem, or if certain youths were persistant offenders and the Police knew who they were then there is the ASBO route.

As for the rest of your comments, your simply being a troll.

Stulz said:
Softus, if, as reported, the Police failed to take action to prevent a Yob culture in the streets around where this happened, then they obviously have a level of responsibility.
A rather big "If".

I fully understand that they have operational procedures to comply with and cannot simply go around harrassing youths for the sake of others, but they could have ensured that foot or mobile patrols were visible in the area to reduce the problem, or if certain youths were persistant offenders and the Police knew who they were then there is the ASBO route.
If you say so - but I see no evidence to support your assertion.
It's much more likely that you're just making it up as you go along.

As for the rest of your comments, your simply being a troll.
Another crazy and personal accusation in a long long of particularly crazy and personal accusations. :rolleyes:

Sparky Jim said:
but lets not loose the fact that he was an adult that attacked a child.

If a 14 yr old damaged my car I'd get a grip of him and wait until the Police arrived, it's called a citizens arrest and it is permissible to use reasonable force in doing so.

I'd like to say taht I'd give him a hiding but then it is me who would end up with a criminal record and the yob that would be "the victim"

Sponsored Links
Back