Kitchen sockets??

• Thread starter harrisonline
  • Start date
Ah - which of us can truly say that they have never just replaced the fuse to see if it holds, and only gone fault finding if it pops the 2nd time.... :cool:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Am I right in thinking (following the above disscusion) that I can purchase and have these fusless sockets/plugs fitted for the appliances with fused switches? And that they will comply with part-p??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS546

Thanks.

Yes you can.
There are five things it asks for:-
Shutters on live pins the MK version has these.
Fuse or MCB to limit the output to design current. Using a FCU would do this.
RCD protection this is same for all sockets up to 20A so should be covered.
It has an earth pin/socket.
The plug must be non reversible.

With the latter two there is an exemption for shavers as it has isolation transformer and all European 3 pin sockets except for the German ones are non reversible. Some will reverse if you try hard as very little off set and in many the non earthed plug will reverse and a universal plug will reverse but the design is non reversible. The only thing I am not sure on with other European 3 pin sockets is if they have shutters on line pin.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will purchase some off the net later this week. Any tips on the best place to order them?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back