Large Junction Box

Thanks for the links guys. The issue is that the three different cables have so many cores that it is diffcult to fit them all into the connector blocks & I assume it is not good practice to remove some of the ends of individual cores to free space???

Sponsored Links
I think there's some breakdown in communication here.

This is what you're trying to achieve? No?

junction_box_30ringspur_oldcolours.png

v
joining-wires-in-junction-box.jpg

Thanks for the links guys. The issue is that the three different cables have so many cores that it is diffcult to fit them all into the connector blocks & I assume it is not good practice to remove some of the ends of individual cores to free space???
do you mean they are stranded? Unlikely to be 2.5mm then. How did you measure or identify it?

Looking forward to your photos.

Sponsored Links
If it really is the (stranded) old imperial equivalent of 2.5mm² T+R, you really should not have difficulty getting three into one terminal.

Kind Regards, John

how many strands are there, and how did you decide it was 2.5mm?

AA45DCOPX.JPG
This is called a double cooker connection unit it may be what you need, but you have not said where and why you want to tap into a cable.

In this case it is designed to be in the wall using a back box and only two cables have clamps. All electrical work is designed, installed then inspected and tested, the design may be for a protective device at destination rather than origin although then normally limited to 3 meter, but to just break into a cable without knowing what the designer intended could be dangerous, it also could be very straight forward, so some more information as to what you are trying to do would help.

I am sure you don't need one of these
ae235

We never established if your cables are actually only 2.5mm2.

If your cables are 6mm2 or 10mm2, a 60amp junction box is available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back