Last Chance To Get Free LFT's!! - Come & Get It!!!

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My wife works in a chemist and she struggles to get them.
She will have to use them, being part of the NHS but if they don't supply them then she is certainly not going to be buying them herself.

I Stopped testing a while back, I'll only test now if I feel like I have symptoms.

we have managed to order a few packs, BUT noone is going to pay for a test and noone really asking now - Theatres we hve booked in April , since last year , before the Cost Of Living all went up (so that has now stopped) - no one require any form of test or covid vaccinations, as last year.

boots did have them up at £5.50 each , but now dropped to £2

We had covid a fortnight ago , and did a lfT & PCR all positive - Went through 8 tests 4 each over the course of 2 weeks , before negative - thats around £16 - with the cost of living increasing, not sure i would pay now

Broadband just gone up £4 a month - Mobile also up around 8% - Due from April
Petrol, had to cut down on social travel - a local garage went up by 4p a litre the night before the statement and diesel is £1.78.9, yesterday!
Ctax , up 5% , and although most properties are band C&D - they re-banded when we moved in , as are others in street which are now E !!!!
not yet seen the gas/electric bills change when my Co either goes bust or Fixed term ends
tax up this year with NI , not sure of the overall effect with July threshold change

SO would i pay for a test , no i dont think i would at the moment , may change

Did i think i had covid, no , just thought it was a cold .... as some of my friends have also mentioned - if the LFT was not free , i would not have bothered testing , as i said, i thought it was just a cold ... and no reason to test , other than social reasons, no legal requirement.
I could have just carried on as normal - shopping, etc , but choose not to.

But the after effects are exhausting

Sponsored Links
We went to the theatre in London at the weekend. Was not ask for proof of an LFT when booking but at the door was asked if we minded them asking if we had had a positive test within the past 14 days. We didn't mind as we had taken a test first thing Saturday morning and photographed both results against a morning paper headline and date. They did ask for patrons to wear masks unless exempt and the vast majority seemed willing to do so, unlike on the Tube where there are signs everywhere telling people to use masks when travelling but about 90% ignored it and no members of staff challenged them.
The numbers are going to climb again, maybe not as severe in it's effects, but still affect a lot of people when it is so easy to take simple precautions.
We will both be testing for the next 3 days before I go for a kidney biopsy on Thursday and then for at least 5 days afterwards.

None of the chemists had LFTs when I tried few days ago. Tried the .gov site to get some delivered, it lets you enter all your details and only tells you right at the end no slots are available for delivery. Spoke to another chemist about when they would get some in and she suggested trying the .gov site again after 10pm. This worked and got some delivered on Sat. It ain't easy.

Bet the same people who stockpiled pasta and bog rolls two years ago are sitting on piles of LFT tests now.

Keep on trying the gov site, save your details and it is much quicker, just re-try.

We managed to order another 3 kits last night.

Not wearing maks in enclosed spaces and no isolation has made covid figures rocket and as always the most vulnerable, young and old are at risk

As several said here, most will think they have a cold and not be aware they have covid without a test and unwittingly pass it to vulnerable people.

At the chemists the date has already passed for them to order more so once they are gone then they are gone until the pay for ones arrive.

Last chance - get them before they go. Read the above link as you may still be entitled to them the news was re;eased yesterday as per link re those that can still have free LFT's

Thanks

I get them free at work (not NHS), no problem.

I get them free at work (not NHS), no problem.

Clearly states that in the link ie expenetions to the free LFT's

NB: Waring to others, NOT everyone working for the "NHS" will get "free" LFT tests and thats another fact. I'm guessing all front line workers will inc recetion desk, poerters but possibly not back office or those that work in a building that does not make face to face contact with patients

Sponsored Links
Back