Laws requiring keyholders and registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnD";p="2349227 said:
original question was answered earlier
No, the original question was "Does anyone know a part of the UK where householders with an alarm are obliged by law to set up keyholders and to register with police or council?"

So far we've had (unspecified) parts of Derbyshire mentioned. Quite surprisingly few replies that actually answered my question.

your not going to find a list on-line.
That's why I asked "Does anyone know a part of the UK where householders with an alarm are obliged by law to set up keyholders and to register with police or council?"

the original guy was wrong, but so are you.
The original guy was wrong when he said "All"

What do you think I've said that was wrong?

erm S21 (ie part of NEDDC) is for a start, and you`ve had a link to the statute that makes it law!

so, he said "it`s the law" ......

you said "no it`s not"

when actually sat here it is

ergo - both wrong. Your just trolling now.

Sponsored Links

erm S21 (ie part of NEDDC) is for a start, and you`ve had a link to the statute that makes it law!

you said "no it`s not"

Let me check...

You are referring to a bylaw? NEDDC is not an abbreviation I recognise

Euro referred to Swale and Harrogate, and linked to some Advice and Recommendations. Advice and recommendations are not law.

you said "no it`s not"

Let me check...

You are referring to a bylaw? NEDDC is not an abbreviation I recognise

Euro referred to Swale and Harrogate, and linked to some Advice and Recommendations. Advice and recommendations are not law.

North East Derbyshire District Council - last time I checked has a section 60 notice in force for streets in the postcode S21

clear enough for you, or do you think I joined because I want to learn how to default a bloody 9800?

Sponsored Links
Good, so in reply to the OP, there is no law which requires this in all situations, only if a council puts a section 60 against selected areas/properties.

That does help.

You mean

"69 Designation of alarm notification areas

(1)A local authority may designate all or any part of its area as an alarm notification area.
(etc)"

And in your opinion, when Euro referred to Swale and Harrogate (he didn't refer to NEDDC, so your reply confused me), and linked to their their Advice and Recommendations, you interpret that Advice and Recommendations as proving that an area had been so designated? I certainly couldn't see it. Could you?

It is interesting to learn that this power exists.

Good, so in reply to the OP, there is no law which requires this in all situations, only if a council puts a section 60 against selected areas/properties.

That does help.

that is correct, it is also wrong to say there is no law that says you have too

both wrong, happy to help clear it up for you

You mean

"69 Designation of alarm notification areas

(1)A local authority may designate all or any part of its area as an alarm notification area.
(etc)"

And in your opinion, when Euro referred to Swale and Harrogate (he didn't refer to NEDDC, so your reply confused me), and linked to their their Advice and Recommendations, you interpret that Advice and Recommendations as proving that an area had been so designated? I certainly couldn't see it. Could you?

It is interesting to learn that this power exists.

can you point me in the direction where I said anything about agreeing with Euro? I have no idea about other areas of the country so wouldnt make comment.

I did quite clearly say though, that you are simply trolling now.

When you said

you said "no it`s not"
I got the impression that you were talking about my commenting on a lack of evidence about Swale and Harrogate having regulations in force. (I did not actually say "no it's not" so perhaps you meant someone else)

it is also wrong to say there is no law that says you have too
did anyone say that?

When you said

you said "no it`s not"
I got the impresion that you were talking about my commenting on a lack of evidence about Swale and Harrogate having regulations in force. (I did not actually say "no it's not" so perhaps you meant someone else)

sorry, I think too fast for you - I was referring to the original comment from Alarm.

anyhow - I`ve shown that there is a legal framework and can be a legal requirement to give details of keyholders.

I`ve also shown that one way of complying with other legal requirements viz noise pollution can be to voluntarily give the details of keyholders

if you want to argue further than that then your simply trolling, and I`m not really that interested.

HTH

You keep pretending I'm arguing.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the original question "Does anyone know a part of the UK where householders with an alarm are obliged by law to set up keyholders and to register with police or council?"

That's why I'm probing and criticising replies that reference councils' Advice and Recommendations, since those are not what I asked about.

You keep pretending I'm arguing.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the original question "Does anyone know a part of the UK where householders with an alarm are obliged by law to set up keyholders and to register with police or council?"

That's why I'm probing and criticising replies that reference councils' Advice and Recommendations, since those are not what I asked about.

perhaps its time to change the question then,

I interperate the NEDDC registeration form to say - you have to notify and "should" do so with the time frame mentioned on the document.

No, I asked the question I wanted a reply to.

If you want to ask a different question, start your own thread.

I don't know what you're saying about the NEDDC form. If the householder is not in an area that has been designated, he is under no obligation to register, promptly or otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back