LCD TV mounted over gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to install a hole in the wall gas fire on the outside wall of the living room then mount an LCD TV above it.

I e-mailed five gas fire retailers, four of which flatly refused to entertain the idea. The fifth advised against it but would enter into a discusion.

I already have gas in the room and a gas fire just off the floor would go really well in the room with a tv on the same wall above.

Has anyone out there successfully done this and if so what advice and problems do you have?

Sponsored Links
Go for it mate, if it don't kill you it will goose the tele, so either way you're doomed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies, has any one out there actually done it?

Mounted an LCD Tv on the same wall as a modern style gas fire that is. Preferbly a flueless hole in the wall type gas fire.

'Twas my original question.

I know it's been done as I've seen pics in magazines and seen the occaisional comment on tinternet but would rather hear comments from the horses mouth.

Ta.

I know it's been done as I've seen pics in magazines and seen the occaisional comment on tinternet but would rather hear comments from the horses mouth.

Ta.

where the pictures actual pictures off someones house or the usual staged rooms that dont actualy work!!!

5023539005181_001c_v001_zp

I have seen a fire similar to this below a 63" plasma tele.

It looked the business. And the fire didnt seem to give off much heat.

I did think about doing the same for my gaff, but my chimney breast is too small for the tele.....

Rob

Talk to the Gas fire installer! All he has to do is install the fire!

Then talk to the TV installer, see what he has to say about fitting a TV over a fire.

My TVs get hot enough in the corner of the room!

Tony

Its amazing and yet not so difficult to find examples of, where the size of the tv overides all thoughts of home safety :rolleyes:

Where would your Sky/DVD/Blu-Ray etc go? Sounds like a bad idea to me, and additional heat really won't help the life of the TV surely. It's like a PC almost I'd have thought, and the TV is hot as heat is being dispersed from the processors inside, and you'd be adding to it.

i have fitted one above a flush hole in the wall fire in a chimney, with a TV (flat screen lcd)above it.

but a flueless one,, i would say no to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back