lead water pipe

Depth of pipe under ground is for protection against frost and must not be higher until it is inside the property. Hence the reason for special type insulation in the ducting. The relevent water company will supply exact requirements, but you can bet they are all the same.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
But my point is if the ground below is 5 or 6 feet below the level of the ground floor of the house the inside would have to be dug down .75 metres below the 5 or 6 feet of the inside of the house making the height of the house a big factor to the ground level of the house.

So it does matter how high the house is .
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MANDATE said:
Sorry Sime I'm fully booked up, not only that but I don't work abroad.

Ok you do it for £100 and I will pay the £5 toll for you to come into the holy land

Sime - if you get the gig any chance of giving you a hand (bit of experiance for me) I'm 15mins from Newport?

I'm not digging though! ( i used to be a gardener and an archaeologist and i've had a gutsfull of diggin' :D )

Sponsored Links
I am not an apprentice I don't do digging I suppose you could make my Coffee and help me watch the labourer :LOL:

No contact on e mail yet I think she is scared stiff

we will discuss regulations and technical stuff, then once the trench is dug i can measure depth and confirm conformity to the regulations then the labourer can fill in the trench. Then i will re-turf (my speciality) though it may take a couple of weeks (like a cheap sludge remover) for the fill to settle :D

BTW - you will ask me to make you tea and i'm sure that will be the last time you ask me to make the tea ;)

Lets not get our wires crossed, I couldn't agree more the higher the house above ground level means a deeper hole inside the house, but it does not affect the external depth requirements. The poster used the term 'the house is quite high up' which I took to mean it was on ground in a elevated position rather than the height of the house on level ground.

But no mention of Pipe depths were mentioned I think you are trying to claw your way out of your remarks :LOL: ;)

actually pipes were laid 2'6" under the surface and if you say it is now .75 they have increased the depth by 1 mm

bster said:
we will discuss regulations and technical stuff, then once the trench is dug i can measure depth and confirm conformity to the regulations then the labourer can fill in the trench. Then i will re-turf (my speciality) though it may take a couple of weeks (like a cheap sludge remover) for the fill to settle :D

BTW - you will ask me to make you tea and i'm sure that will be the last time you ask me to make the tea ;)

If I do get it I don't give two hoots how long it takes you to re turf your doing it for experience not cash

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back