Level playing field, we want to fish in your waters ....Are they nuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK want access to EU for lorries and drivers, but won't agree to EU regulations on drivers' hours.
Level playing field, not arrf!

Sponsored Links
I see government contingency planning for 1st Jan includes food rationing.

Self imposed economic sanctions

The UK want access to EU for lorries and drivers, but won't agree to EU regulations on drivers' hours.
Level playing field, not arrf!
Is Brexit mentioned much in French media?

I got the impression the EU have moved on, its last years issue.

Sponsored Links
I envisage they will have access under license. A lot of leisure sailors are planning a trip to france 31st of December in order to secure EU VAT status. Nobody is considering the impact of this on their U.K. VAT status.

Most of the anti brexit rhetoric is: they’ll have everything and we'll have nothing. It’s as stupid to say this as it is to say there are no downsides to brexit.

I think there will be a deal.

Most of the anti brexit rhetoric is: they’ll have everything and we'll have nothing
Brexit was conjured and sold to the masses in a clever misleading way. Most folk are just wanting the truth to be told. As brexit unfolds, thankfully those truths are being ticked off, one by one.

We won't know the impact of a no-deal until after the end of this year. Yellowhammer seemed a little bit on the biased side to me.

Last edited:
Is Brexit mentioned much in French media?

I got the impression the EU have moved on, its last years issue.
No, not mentioned much. Yes, the EU has moved on.
Occasional question from friends about "what happens when..." but only in the context of whatever is being discussed.
From most ex-pats now it's still seen as a self-inflicted injury, but most don't care because they've sorted their individual situations.
Very occasionally an ex-pat still supports Brexit, but they're very few and far between, or they are keeping very quiet.

Covid is the big concern, not politics, currently.

One upside to Brexit is the re-introduction of duty-free.
Maybe the booze-cruise will be back in fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back