Live for today or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok a silly scenario but done to provoke thought and discussion.

What if we all as family units or singles were each given a planet to live on, with limited resources and once its gone its gone.

would you live life to the full and say to hell with tomorrow or would you be spendthrift in your ways and conserve the planet as much as possible to live a long and prosperous life?

Sponsored Links
Seize the day for today is precious ... It will never come again.

It's odd isn't it. Everyone leaves their kids money and houses when they die - but neither could they care less about their kids future and squander all their resources.

Sponsored Links
i think if you sent a bunch of sterile teenagers, then they would s**g themselves silly and live life to the full.

I think that the reason we have a lack of respect for our surrounding is because we don't feel that we have any investment in it, we've become detached from it, (please say you know what I mean!!) well!, years ago you'd be part of the community,if you hadn't help build part of it you'd know someone that did.
OK! we go to another planet and will leave our mark on it,So! we'll treat it with great respect in the hope that it goes on to flourish and also that the next person that arrives there will see what you we've sown and continue to respect it.
what everrr!

I understand what you mean Rich, its taking pride in what you build and leaving something for others to know you were once there, rather than being greedy and not caring for others whether now or in the future.

My scenario is slightly different in that you have to make a decision as the resources are limited, ie do you live life to the full and make it short knowing you are doing so or do you plan ahead to make your life longer?

Sponsored Links
Back