Living room and d/s hall lights out, rest of floor fine

ODB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weird one here:

Both my living room and hallway light on the ground floor stopped working at approximately the same time the other day. Tried the usual, swapping bulbs for known good, checking fuse box etc. The living room dimmer isn't making that buzzing sound they normally make when turned on. What's weird is the dining room light is fine (same floor/fuse).

I haven't messed with any wiring, knocked anything loose or done anything to my knowledge that could've done this.

Any ideas of what I could try?

Sponsored Links
Weird one here:

Both my living room and hallway light on the ground floor stopped working at approximately the same time the other day. Tried the usual, swapping bulbs for known good, checking fuse box etc. The living room dimmer isn't making that buzzing sound they normally make when turned on. What's weird is the dining room light is fine (same floor/fuse).

I haven't messed with any wiring, knocked anything loose or done anything to my knowledge that could've done this.

Any ideas of what I could try?

possibly a loose connection in junction box (edit: OR ceiling rose) would be my guess.

I would check the connections in the two lights that are not working. If the living room light comes after the hallway light for example, a loose connection will affect both lights

So, Janet.

Not only are you so stupid that you cannot read a date (a common failing with Americans, who as a nation are generally ignorant, dumb and unpleasant), and not only are you so stupid that you don't understand the concept of different countries, you are a liar and a cheat and a thief.

What an excellent representative you are for your company - thanks for warning us that it is run by stupid, ignorant, lying, cheating thieves.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back